Gwen's L.A.M.B. on NYFW

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
072505_20.jpg

not my cup of tea.. still check this out :wink:

Time to start jamming up the Harrison & Shriftman fax (number: 917-351-8601) with front-row requests for what could be the hottest ticket of the season: Gwen Stefani’s L.A.M.B. For the Sept. 16 Roseland Ballroom affair, the blonde bombshell has enlisted the help of runway production magic man Alexandre de Betak, known for his fanciful presentations chez Dior, Viktor & Rolf and, last season, JLo. Backstage, Stefani will be running the show with L.A.M.B.’s head designer, Zaldy; stylist Andrea Lieberman; hair stylist Danilo, and makeup artist Kathy Jeung. On the runway, expect to see some bona fide sky-high fashion shoes — a side project she’s been working on. Also in the works for Stefani are costume jewelry — to launch fall 2006 — as well as luxury bags and fragrance, which should provide catfight fodder for the beauty giants.

from wwd :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why I am feeling like I can't wait to see this :P Perhaps because of the showy image that I have in my mind for this show right now...

i like that she's doing something that she's actually involved in, and that she has the creativity to back it up (she was making her clothing way before she was famous). can't wait to see the results.

what bothers me about j.lo's line is that her input probably adds up to "more fur this year", and thats all.

OK, Gwen is at least a style icon, without doubt. Still, I find it a bit dubious, with all those celebrity-become-designer labels popping up at New York fashion week - J.Lo, Babyface, Sean John, L.A.M.B., Boy George?! Who else is going to jump on this movement? I don´t think this is a good image for New York as a fashion capital... labels like Proenza Schouler, Cloak, Phi or others should consider showing in Europe instead...

hmm ..good point -as usual- tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat said:
OK, Gwen is at least a style icon, without doubt. Still, I find it a bit dubious, with all those celebrity-become-designer labels popping up at New York fashion week - J.Lo, Babyface, Sean John, L.A.M.B., Boy George?! Who else is going to jump on this movement? I don´t think this is a good image for New York as a fashion capital... labels like Proenza Schouler, Cloak, Phi or others should consider showing in Europe instead...

agreed

i never liked her style or collections before, so i'm really not interested at all.....

neither am i to be honest liberty
but i'll give her a chance, one never knows :wink:

tricotineacetat said:

Cloak tried and apparently failed.

She truly disgusts me, by the way.

At least....I bet it won't be as awful as J. Lo collection :lol:

this is definitley going to be THE hot ticket...
and harrison shriftman are a pain...it will not be easy to get into this show...
but i bet anything it will be tons of fun...

the fashion world loves her...:heart:
she's got MAD style...
B)

I REALLY don't wanna see anything similar to Vivienne Westwood, Galliano or Viktor Rolf in her show...let's see if she could do anything different from her fashion "idols" oh...and..no more harajuku wannabees please!!!

New York fashion week will end up to be a joke, it kind of pisses me off how celebrities think they know style.. half of them dont even dress themselves.:unsure:

masquerade said:
first jlo, now her.

exactly, and that is the bad by-taste of it all, isn´t it? She´ll be exactly in the same breath as J.Lo and the rest of the pack. The thing is, J.Lo already had the buzz last season, how could she surprise now, only one season after the launch of J.Lo´s Sweetface? I´m afraid, this won´t be much of a surprise, she played all her casts with her latest album - everybody, even the ones who are not in fashion can learn about her designer idols simply by listening to her songs... CdG, Yohji Yamamoto, Vivienne Westwood, Galliano gown? Come on, isn´t that proof enough that she is just doing what she already has in her wardrobe?

faust said:
Cloak tried and apparently failed.

She truly disgusts me, by the way.

Oh really? I never knew they were showing outside New York, apart from the showrooms, non? Do you know what season that was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->