Gwyneth Paltrow to Play Marlene Dietrich

wyatt.

Reaction score
[this is from a tiny article but i know how much she influences...well dior and how many of you like her so...]

"Blonde Venus, Part 2? The Oscar-winning actress (and doting new mom) will star in and coproduce a biopic about the iconic German actress Marlene Dietrich for Dreamworks."

will post more as i hear about it.

I don't like paltrow, and don't think she could portray the presence of Marlene Dietrich :(

She doesn't have the face for it, her features aren't dramatic enough.

i think someone like cate blanchett would be much better

OMG!

Gwyneth is good actress but she's way too passive to play Dietrich. She was moody and the ultimate glamourpuss if ever there was one...Gwyneth is too much of a granola girl.

scott- i TOTALLY agree.

and Wyatt... yes. yes yes yes yes YES! Cate would have been PERFECT. oh her inately snootyness would have been perfection.

Scott said:
OMG!

Gwyneth is good actress but she's way too passive to play Dietrich. She was moody and the ultimate glamourpuss if ever there was one...Gwyneth is too much of a granola girl.
completely agree :flower:

wyatt. said:
i think someone like cate blanchett would be much better

She would be perfect, you're so right. I also think that Uma Thurman could quite convincingly portray her...

First Sylvia, and now Marlene... :(

I agree with all of the above points.

Tilda Swinton would have also been a lovely choice. She reminds me alot Marlene,actually.

^ that is a great suggestion, Tilda has such ... character, she could definitely pull off Marlene :flower: Cate would also be a much better choice than Gwyneth (who is lovely, but I don't think she could portray Marlene convincingly)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Uma is more Marlene; there was even an article comparing her look to Marlene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->