Hair Salons Recommendations - Minneapolis, Minnesota

lovespell

Reaction score
Anyone heard of or been to any good hair salons in Minneapolis, Minnesota? Any good experiences? What's the pricing like? Everywhere around here just butchers my hair. :cry: I hate living in such a small rural town. But I'm heading down to the cities for some shopping, and would love to get my hair cut and colored properly. I want to be pampered and come out feeling beautiful, not horrified. Any info would be much appreciated. :flower:

Anyone had an experience with a JUUT salonspa? I found some in the cities on the Aveda website. What's your thoughs on Aveda hair salons?

eheheh its so funny how everyone here calls them "the cities" or perhaps that's everywhere Oh us minnesotans..

My friend's sister used to live there and she got her hair cut at an AVEDA salon somewhere in minneapolis (sorry i'm so helpful...haha) and it's adorable...

where do you live in MN lovespell??

:flower:

I have to say that I really like Aveda salons. I got my lastest hair cut done there as well as my first facial. It was affordable, pleasant and the cut still looks great. Plus, I got a free back massage! :wink:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price of your haircut? THey seemed really affordable on their website. Haircuts start at $35, and a two tone haircolor at $80. I'm just curious to how high upwards they travel.

I live in Embarrass, Minnesota. :smile:

What a great price. I bet your hair looks great.

I found this review at Allure. Anyone been there? It sounds great.

Jon English Salon
Cut, $120 with Jon English, $45 and up with staff; Foil, $75 to $144.
1439 West Lake St.
Boulevard salon, 3655 Joppa Ave., Saint Louis Park
612-824-2474
952-922-6162
Signature service: Meticulous, detailed cuts, meant to be manageable at home. Hey, wait: Typically, people wait four to six weeks to get an appointment with Jon English, Linda English, or Jackie Wilda, the owners. We sounded hysterical, so we got in within a week. Nitty gritty: Jon English trimmed the sides and front of our hair, and gently layered the back to enhance our natural curl. Daniel, a senior colorist, gave us the "Angel-Maker," deep golden-red and chocolate-brown foils on the sides and in the back, with strawberry-blond foils mixed in through the top. Nature or nurture: English steered us away from a drastically shorter cut, saying he couldn't be responsible for something like that. Our hair length changed by only a few inches, but the effect was dramatic. What you smell: Lavender and jasmine, in the Apotheca shampoo. Pampering quotient: When we said we were hungry, an assistant scurried across the street to fetch a smoothie. Famous faces: Winona Ryder, Daryl Hannah, and Janet Jackson. The sell: English told a receptionist to sell us two products from his Jon English First Aid for Hair line. But before ringing anything up, she asked us if we wanted them. (We decided we did.)

i would go! hmmm something to consider next time i'm going to the cities (which is this weekend infact) but perhaps another time

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->