Hamish Morrow

How odd. Hamish Morrow stuff is now up on NAP

Yeah that is odd. What's even odder is that he made Juicy Couture-style cashmere sweatpants for $860.00!!! with matching hoodie for $1,035.00...yikes

HM at DSM
http://www.doverstreetmarket.com/dsmpaper/hamishmorrow.html

Hamish Morrow Sportswear

Sartorial style meets with the technical performance of sportswear in this innovative collection by Hamish Morrow.

Simple Kimono shapes and sports silhouettes are offered in luxurious fabrics including cashmere, fluid silks and satin. An extra dimension to the collection is given by the treatment of these delicate fabrics using
nano-technology to ensure water resistance and added robustness.

hamishmorrow.jpg

i'd like to see someone jogging in those... :D

i actually think they're quite nice, would like to see the nanotechnologic capabilities explored a bit more... has anyone seen these in person?

I'd like to see it all in person, but the way Hamish evolved, I thought he'd either gone crazy with all things techno, or the other way around, as seen in Net A Porter's selection, into extreme tackiness with nonsense luxe-basics.

I actually liked him best when he started his career, mixing the couture and the sportswear. He's been really good at cutting innovative patterns but I'm afraid I can't see that in these few looks posted here... Maybe it'll change my mind when I see more of it.

I'm quite confused by Hamish Morrow's stuff....very different from when he first started as Tricotine said.....

I think this whole sports-performance/ high fashion hybrid thing is over, look at what happened with companies like Y-3 or that whole limited edition sportwear craze... it used to be big for sure, but nobody really cares about it these days... and I don't EVER want to see Madonna or any other starlet wearing pastel coloured luxe-tracksuits during daytime...!! :yuk: :sick:

I kind of feel that the term nanotechnology is a important sounding way of saying waterproof, breathable fabrics from the research I've done...and has been around for a long time and used by many low-end and mass produced clothing labels.

Tricotine, I agree...what's going on with Hamish Morrow? Of course the buyers aren't necessarily going to delve into buying the most foward thinking pieces since they might be a bit hesistant and want to actually sell the goods... but man, the tracksuit really turned me off. Out of all the interesting things to make why would anyone revert to making a tracksuit??

I was at DSM today and actually in person, the collection looks great. It's not really that tacky sportswear look I was thinking of when I saw the pic but rather it's like a very luxurious casualwear. The cut of each garment is v. beautiful!

Yeah,I'm a little bit surprised by this. I miss the Morrow that had the models walk through ink so that it would make an interesting stain at the hems of the clothes. Dunno about all this. I mean,it all seems a bit too Baby Phat-ish:sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->