Harper’s Bazaar Australia April 2019 : Ashley Graham by Nino Munoz

:heart:

Before I even scrolled down to see your comment, I was thinking that she's good on the front of magazines because she has that generic appeal that cover girls used to have - you couldn't ever have said that Cindy Crawford was that versatile, by fashion standards, but she knew her audience and made the most of it.

And it's a similar story with Ashley - she's not trying to be edgy, she's selling a lightly glamorous look which might not be to high fashion tastes, but it doesn't go out of style for the general public.

Love it.
I like that the studio shot looks this bright when the background is kept lighter.

That’s actually quite good

Regardless of her niche, I don't find Ashley attractive or interesting. I've never been dazzled by her in print, as I was by say, Sophie Dahl. The cover could've been WOW but the image is so busy with the over the top, ratty hair, heavy make-up, glossy, ruched leather, and odd blobby silhouette created with that almost full body shot until the cut off ankles. Ashley should've moved her left arm up to show off the shoes! Or else why bother with this type of shot?

Taupe and Beige. How revelatory! Despite the dated, clumsy styling this is still miles ahead of anything Glenda continues to regurgitate year after year. Digging the maroon color theme; it's quite striking. As somebody who doesn't follow runway trends, it seems to me oxblood leather, esp trenches, has been a thing for a few years? I recall Lexi for her 2014 VOGUE It cover which I loved.

Beautiful, sometimes you just need a gorgoeus, even if generic, cover.

Completely sick of her moment, but can't deny this works. Could have used conditioner.

Finally. Good to see a decent cover of her.

Love Ashley Graham, this cover is generic but I agree she (like Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford etc.) knows her niche and works magnificently at it, Gisele is like that too: pure commercial glamour that is timeless. Not edgy and not showing different poses or looks but it works.

This is just incredibly beautiful. It absolutely harkens back to a 90s Cindy cover and that is perfectly fine by me! She looks sensational.

Glad everyone else (more or less) feels the same way about this! :heart:

I have such a thing for Ashley Graham lately (couldn't NOT pass up her recent Elle cover for February) and will most definitely have to track this down. Too gorgeous for words, love the whole Cindy Crawford/80s vibe of the shot, how the red Bazaar masthead complements the coat, those voluminous curls, Ashley's pose. Yes!

The cover could've been WOW but the image is so busy with the over the top, ratty hair, ruched leather

Agreed! The full body cover is still better than the close-up. Very glamorous and luxe. I do think they should avoid shooting her in close-up.

The subscribers cover is a by far the best one. Absolutely gorgeous.

The Ashley Effect

Photographer: Nino Muñoz
Stylist: Kristen Ingersoll
Hair: Serge Normant
Makeup: Virginia Young
Manicure: MoMo
Cast: Ashley Graham

Harper's Bazaar Australia Digital Edition

Power Play

Photographer: Darren McDonald
Stylist: Naomi Smith
Hair: Daren Borthwick
Makeup: Naomi McFadden
Cast: Sabah Koj

Hide & Seek

Photographer: Sylvé Colless
Stylist: Naomi Smith
Hair: Koh
Makeup: Peter Beard
Cast: Reese Robert

Shot on location in Tokyo, Japan

DAMNNNNNNNN this is GORGEOUSSSSSSSSS !!! SUPERSTAR ! Love love love Ashley´s editorial !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->