Harper’s Bazaar France December 2023/January 2024 : Loli Bahia & Charlotte Gainsbourg by Juergen Teller

^ this is the side of copying Bruce weber work which are lately done by Sean Thomas, gordon von steiner requested by French publications like Bazaar france and M le Monde. Trying to replace cancelled legend

^^^ Absolutely! …Of course it’s not quite on that level of sublime as Bruce; it’s more Mert & Marcus doing Bruce with the whole group/party decadence in Andy Warhol polaroids— which is quite ambitious, and impressive for someone low limited talent as Karim. (And Bruce is still shooting, just more low-key for ICON Italia. His latest shoot with them is a story with a cast of… golden retrievers…)

Mullet: The Charlotte story is actually solid. It’s a mood piece for sure, with Anthony Vaccarello interviewing her and Juergen shooting parts of her home. And it all cleverly melds into the Loli advertorial for Anthony’s SL. Clever branding and very slick editing from French Bazaar.

12.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg13.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg14.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg15.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg16.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg17.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg18.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg19.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg20.Harper's_Bazaar_2023_12_2024-2-1.jpg
Harpers Bazaar France

^ wonderful! thanks for sharing!

I don't fully understand what's Anthony's role in this interview.. is it just shameless advertising? Charlotte has so much to share (great career, thoughtful personality and the daughter of two fascinating individuals) and yet, as soon as she's diving into a topic, you get this commercial break like 'so Serge... and Yves Saint Laurent!' 'what about this Saint Laurent collection?'.. could they not afford extra paper for an additional interview for all things Vaccarello and Saint Laurent? jeez. Anyway, that house... glad she let that go. I looked at the way she opened the door and wandered around the place in her documentary about Jane and it's exactly as she describes in the interview and like we've all done in the rooms of someone who's passed, you try not to move or touch much because it feels wrong and before you know it, it's been years of having that room frozen in time in a way that's more toxic than healthy. 32 years is crazy and makes me feel sad for her but I guess that it was either that or honor her father's legacy and release the place to the masses.

and always nice to see Jesus on a cover too
I probably shouldn't be laughing, but I do. One of the most influential people in the history of mankind is on the cover of the magazine!
OK, I'll stop, I promise! )))

^ not to bring down others but us former catholics make zero deal about seeing our boy, shirtless again, on the cover of a fashion magazine! 🤙

Jurrgen telller’ s work is terrible ever since he allowed his new wife take direction.
And karim is trying to copy weber bruce…. But oh so contrived

Much prefer Loli Bahia's cover over Charlotte Gainsbourg's, which I believe should never have seen the light of day. Two majorly underwhelming covers to close out 2023, if you ask me. A real shame too, because Harper's Bazaar France has been great to us throughout 2023.

This wonderful black and white shot of Loli Bahia by Karim Sadli would've made the most dazzling December/January cover, IMO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->