Harper's Bazaar Arabia December 2023 : Adriana Lima by Mattia Guolo

stunning. whoever she is.

This looks like an essential fashion image conjured by any most basic fashion student with a pencil, sitting bored in class. The barely dramatic hat, the elegant black and white combination, throw in some diamonds and lace, fake big pouty lips and a *big* eyeliner. It's almost comical.

The cover photograph looks nothing like Adriana Lima. I am shocked! Why hire a successful and well-know model and turn her into a completely unrecognizable person?

I like the simplicity of it. Everything works. It's both graphic and bold. For once a cover seems to be well thought out. The composition is great.
It does look very AI though.

It looks like Ai but for some reason still works. Maybe because its a supermodel.

ADRIANA LIMA ON MOTHERHOOD, MODELLING, AND HER MAJOR COMEBACK
Photography:
Mattia Guolo
Styling: Anna Castan
Hair: Eduardo Bravo
Make-up: Kelly McClain
Model: Adriana Lima

harpersbazaararabia.com

I like 2-3 pictures IF you tell me it's someone else.
I'm quite shocked at what she did to her face.
On Instagram her LEGIONS OF FANS destroy anyone who just asks what she has done.
Ok she was pregnant and YES Ok she gained weight and YES Ok she did ''a few adjustments''.
Having said that though it's also fair for US to just ask or simply say that she has changed a lot.
It doesn't mean she's ugly or that she's not model material or whatever.
It's simply an observation.
I wished she hadn't done anything to her face.
Hopefully she doesn't become the Janice Dickinson of our era going overboard with plastic surgeries.

The coverselect seems to be the only decent shot, unfortunately— even if she looks more like a very young Devon Aoki than herself. Ridiculously offensive that a middle-age woman’s face shape and skin is so retouched to the point of resembling a baby’s. Just gross… Apparently, the majority of Bazaar roads lead back to the iconic American Bazaar relaunch of September 1992. But only France and Italy have the goods to back it up.

Adriana Lima looks really bad in all the photographs because all the Photoshop/retouching done to her face is insane. She resembles Madonna.

Last edited:
i won't judge her as I've often wondered how a job that it's about how you look (especially in her case back then with those insane victoria's secret standards) can mess with your head.

The best you could say, if that's haute joaillerie, those shoots are typically very artificial in their presentation.

I'm ALWAYS down for some highly-polished glamour when it comes to fashion magazine covers, but this is leaning more toward AI-level of fashion imagery, as opposed to something... natural. The post-production is off the scale and is extremely off-putting. A shame too, because I do like how monochromatic everything is.

The first editorial image from #9 is HORRIFIC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->