Harper's Bazaar Australia October 2018 : Barbara Palvin by David Roemer

Isnt this shoot from the greek edition that was a few months ago? I loved it then and I still love it now but kinda disappointing that they just took the greek edition.

not sure if everyone knows, but along with Kellie resigning, she sort of hinted at cost cutting, so sadly we'll probably see less original content from HB Australia. They're also combining their editorial staff with Elle. I do really like this cover though, Barbara is such an iconic beauty.

Lovely looking cover but if its an outtake from another edition, I don't know why they just wouldn't give it to a local model or actress. Barbara wouldn't be recognised by most Australians so they could've just used one of the locally shot spreads. It will be interesting to see how the magazine evolves, or it will simply fold?

her recognition factor in Australia is quite low unless you're especially interested in fashion... it's a beautiful shot but screams magazine cost cutting. It's from Harper's Bazaar Taiwan originally. It's hard to say what the magazine will evolve into post-kelly.. will we still see Simon Upton shoots on the beach and annual Miranda Kerr covers?

her recognition factor in Australia is quite low unless you're especially interested in fashion... it's a beautiful shot but screams magazine cost cutting. It's from Harper's Bazaar Taiwan originally. It's hard to say what the magazine will evolve into post-kelly.. will we still see Simon Upton shoots on the beach and annual Miranda Kerr covers?
Not sure why I said HB Greece instead of ROC. They really are in that bad of a shape then...

It's hard to say what the magazine will evolve into post-kelly.. will we still see Simon Upton shoots on the beach and annual Miranda Kerr covers?

I wonder if they'll start borrowing stuff from the British one. And there's always Carine's global deals where her edits turn up as the cover stories of other editions.

oh god Carine's global shoots.... Kelly had a knack for sparing us from those terrible portfolios on the covers and burying them deep. This september she refused to run it on the cover entirely, last september she hid it on the subscriber's cover.

I could see them borrowing more from the British one, i'd also enjoy some reprints from HB Taiwan (ROC) or even HB Germany which kind of has a similar aesthetic.

She is by far more beautiful than a young Natalia Vodianova. I never understood the comparison or resemblance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->