Harper's Bazaar Spain January 2013 : Carmen Kass by Nico

I dont really like this one. It looks like they photoshoped her breasts a lot and theres a huge felling of deja vú what is kind of bad concidering it is HB Spain.
Either way Im happy that Carmen got the cover, they are getting better and better cover stars, I would like them to concider more photographers because sometimes I feel like I´ve seen this before because its the same photographer.

I'm not fond of this at all. I basically went "WTF? Why?" when I saw it, but they already answer that question on the cover. I don't see anything appealing or interesting about this. Carmen looks lifeless, the fur coat is really ugly, the pose is nothing special and there's really nothing here that catches my eye. Weird, because they're usually so original and creative and here there's just... nothing.

Yeah, Carmen has the body but that's a boring cover.. Not impressive enough to be an ES Bazaar cover, because there have been much more striking ones than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sexy, but when they airbrushed her nipple they made her look anatomically-incorrect like Barbie.

Too much airbrush on the body, its not necessary, and her hand covering her crotch is bothering me, they could have had the coat covering her, and her hand on it instead. Would look better, fantastic layout though, as always.

Hot pose/styling, and I love the blue text with the clean white background.

Carmen looks smoldering as usual. I don't know though if it's the quality, but it looks like there's something with her hair?

I love the styling but yes too much airbrushing. Carmen is stunning but her body looks weird here.

Beautiful model & body but I still don't like it. Just too much in your face with the fur, pose and what's up with her hair?

Why not? Sure! Why not reuse the idea.

harpersbazaar.es

cool cover with the ever beautiful Carmen :smile:) but yeah it's a bit sad that they re-used a concept they used in the past.

The only thing I like about the cover is that Carmen is on it.
I don't like the styling, the hair, the make up, ...
and it is like the cover with Izabel on it, only that one is much better than this one.
hopefully the editorial will still be good.

It's reached the point where airbrushing has become so offensive, that I don't give fur or nudity a second thought in comparison.

Please can we return to the days where people took a little bit of time to get things right under the studio lights, rather than snapping a thousand disposable shots on digital, and then because the image still doesn't look right, making a Pixar movie of everything through post-production?

This could have been an inventive cover, if someone had thought about the positioning of the hands and the coat in precise detail, but instead we've got Barbie's boobs on a strangely-proportioned Carmen Kass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->