Hedi Slimane.. the photographer in Munich

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Hedi keeps uber busy with his art projects

Hedi Slimane, who recently curated a Robert Mapplethorpe exhibition in Paris, is gaining more art world credibility. Photographs by the Dior Homme designer are included in a group exhibition titled "Thank You for the Music," which bowed Thursday at the Monika Sprόth Philomene Magers gallery in Munich. The exhibit also boasts music-themed works by Matthew Barney, Douglas Gordon and Thomas Demand, among others. Meanwhile, Slimane recently unveiled his first sculpture at the Frieze art fair in London, and he's working on his first solo art show for Almine Rech gallery in Paris in January.

newsbit from wwd :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I´d be very curious to see one of his sculptures, as archtitectural as he once designed clothes... maybe this will influence his fashion nicely as well, after so many seasons of mad love for everything indie...?

finally one thing i can see:woot:,

i'm going,

thanks for posting, lena!

please report, once you´ve seen this, Anna! I´d be very curious to know if this is well-curated... sad that Wofsburg is quite far away from your location, but the Hussein Chalayan exhibition was really good, definitely worth visiting as well.

its always my pleasure ..and yes, please do report for us AnnaK.. :heart:

I expect his sculpture to look a lot like his F-system furniture. I really enjoy Hedi's photography, sometimes more than his clothes.

interested to hear feedback from anyone who actually sees this...

:flower:

bumping thread..back into the present..

Hedi is a photographer?! Wow. He is just so damn cool.

Anyone seen his photos or know a site where you can view his work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->