Helmut Lang Aw0506 ?!?

amchan

Reaction score
i went shopping lately and i saw the helmut lang aw0506 collection, who is the designer?
i can tell that it's quite different from the past helmut lang as there're plenty of print tees which lang wouldn't do much...

I can't find any info online... do you have some pictures or a link?

he probably designed the collection well over a year ago, so it may very well be still a helmut lang collection. prada is dropping the lable, so i don't think they would bring in a designer for a new collection. i would love to add a few fall / winter pieces to my wardrobe, so i'm hoping this is true. i can't find any info online, though

anyone know if Saks or Barneys will be carrying this stuff?

This collection was still made by Helmut in some parts, but since he quit during the development of the collection, it wasn´t entirely made by himself. I saw it in Milan (the obscurity went on in there since Prada moved Helmut Lang in a completely new headquarter in the famous Via Della Spiga, only to close down offices months after) and it was MUCH smaller than the usual offerings - Check out the "HL-art" thread for some pictures I took back then.

There should be a womenswear collection also but I doubt there is much influence of Helmut´s in there since they naturally start with the women´s later than menswear. I´ve known the product manager for accessories and footwear and she told me back then that they will be doing some interesting footwear for women in metallic leathers and something that was "abstractly influenced by tribals/indians". I never saw this stuff in person so it would be interesting to know if these things ever make it to the salesfloor.

oh i see, thanks!
so do you know the label will not producing anymore next season (SS06), or will be designed by the other team?
I don't want to see HELMUT LANG being extinct as the AW0506 collection still surprise me.

To be honest, I don´t know about that. I heard several rumours in which it was said that they stop the collection after F/W 2005, but would that make sense, especially regarding the fact that Bertelli just bought the remaining 49% before Helmut quit his duties? Prada has announced to close all Helmut Lang stores, I could imagine they are shutting down the whole house altogether... Let´s just hope somebody will buy the brand and bring back Helmut in the same row!

EdK said:
anyone know if Saks or Barneys will be carrying this stuff?

yes. barneys for sure. btw, Saks still has black HL light wool suits from S/S 05 at $500 a pop on clearance, size 46 and 48.

tricotineacetat said:
To be honest, I don´t know about that. I heard several rumours in which it was said that they stop the collection after F/W 2005, but would that make sense, especially regarding the fact that Bertelli just bought the remaining 49% before Helmut quit his duties? Prada has announced to close all Helmut Lang stores, I could imagine they are shutting down the whole house altogether... Let´s just hope somebody will buy the brand and bring back Helmut in the same row!

amen

faust said:
yes. barneys for sure. btw, Saks still has black HL light wool suits from S/S 05 at $500 a pop on clearance, size 46 and 48.
Do you know if they accept phone orders? I'm a dead-on HL 48.

andrew said:
Do you know if they accept phone orders? I'm a dead-on HL 48.

I'm pretty sure they do. The only problem will be an SA finding it - they are sales racks are a shame to retail industry.

i am very sure is design my the team...just like jil sander!

helmt has got nothing to do with it anymore!

any new yorkers managed to cop good stuffs in the helmut lang closing store by the way?

butbeautiful said:
any new yorkers managed to cop good stuffs in the helmut lang closing store by the way?

you bet. check the shopaholics thread a handful of pages back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->