Helmut Newton - Photographer

Paloma Picasso

View attachment 259089, View attachment 259090

"monocle - that just drove me sexually insane...I adore girls with monocle... There's one photograph of Paloma Picasso taken in late 1970s or early '80s in Nice. I hauled out that monocle and said, >>Quick, Paloma, put this in your eye<<. She put it in her eye and I took a quick picture. It really had nothing to do with Paloma, but I've always loved that picture... Paloma always hated the picture and begged me not to use it. I wanted it to be a cover of the first Helmut Newton Illustrated but I couldn't do that to her."
H. Newton, Auutobiography, London 2003, p.54. (pict with monocle)
H. Newton, Private Property, Munchen 2003. (Paloma Picasso, Paris 1978)

"North By Northwest"

British Vogue, London 1967.
View attachment 259091, View attachment 259092

"It was June's idea to do a scene from Hitchcock's film..."
H. Newton, Auutobiography, London 2003, p. 180.

pcts from: The Best of Helmut Newton. Selection from his Photographic Work. Edited by Zdenek Felix. With essays by Noemi Smolik and Urs Stahel, Munchen 1993.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakfast at Tiffany's...

View attachment 259093, View attachment 259094
Elsa Peretti, New York 1975
"She allowed me to publish the Bunny portrait but said, >>For the nudes, Helmut, you have to wait for the death of my father<<. Well, he died a long time ago..." (Autobiography)
pct from:
  • The Best of Helmut Newton. Selection from his Photographic Work. Edited by Zdenek Felix. With essays by Noemi Smolik and Urs Stahel, Munchen 1993. (Bunny in NYC)
  • H. Newton, Auutobiography, London 2003, p. 199. (nude)

gun for hire...

Italian Vogue, Monte Carlo 2003.
View attachment 259097

"Some people's photography is an art. Mine is not. If they happed to be exhibited in a gallery or a museum, that's fine. But that's not why I do them. I'm a gun for hire."
H. Newton, Newsweek, Feb 2, 2004.

I love the Monica Belucci editorial he shot. Just amazing!

thank you Lady Stardust :flower::flower::flower: so nice of you. I'll scan some more next week to help you keep it alive:doh:

so he is pretty much amazing. i have his autobiography, so i will scan and post pictures soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lt3motorsportz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->