Help with bedroom colours!

larichg

Reaction score
My room is white and has a dark brown "border" of wood on it.. I made it this way 2 years ago, but the white turned out a bit too white, but since I dont want to spend money on a new colour, I am wondering if someone has any tips/advice on making it feel warmer..

(I'm also planning on doing it a bit more "grown up" but still youthful, and I was 14 when I did that makeover, and I was very into green and pink:P )

Attachments

• Påsken 2006 029.jpg
    Påsken 2006 029.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
  • vinter 2005 (15).jpg
    vinter 2005 (15).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 6
  • vinter 2005 (16).jpg
    vinter 2005 (16).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3
  • vinter 2005 (13).jpg
    vinter 2005 (13).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3
  • vinter 2005 (12).jpg
    vinter 2005 (12).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
What colors do you like now? I can tell you what I have in my bedroom--the trim is white-white, the walls are Lambswool (pale taupe), bedding is white, ivory, tan, and sage green with tomato red accents. There's also a bit of black (picture frames and lacquer table), peach (the prints are Georgia O'Keeffe poppies, some pale, some very bright red), and mostly white metal (I do have a two-tone torchiere, brass and nickel). Oh, and the wood is pine and birds-eye maple. Also have live plants. Red is a bit unusual in the bedroom, but it's in controlled touches and it works for me. I also have it arranged per my feng shui consultant :wink:

i think if a feng shui consultant took a look at my bedroom they'd die right there on the spot. :lol:

hey, how about collecting postcards (they are free and can be found it places like resturants, cafes, cinemas etc)
and paste them ALL over the wall. (mind you, one side will do, else too clustered)
that would make the room more colourful and lively?

^ Thats a great idea, and yeah,...one wall is fine, otherwise it looks too much, and one wall brings your attention to a specific spot :flower:

Thanks for all your great suggestions and idea's!!
I really appreciate your help!:flower: :heart:

oh larichg,
i had another new idea as I was lazing in my room...
How about buying a softboard and pinning up things such as earings, necklace etc!
I dont know about you, but I have SO much earings, that I can 101% fill up one wall...
I though that would look pretty exotic....
not to mention, easy to find the ring you want! hahaa

Goddesss said:
oh larichg,
i had another new idea as I was lazing in my room...
How about buying a softboard and pinning up things such as earings, necklace etc!
I dont know about you, but I have SO much earings, that I can 101% fill up one wall...
I though that would look pretty exotic....
not to mention, easy to find the ring you want! hahaa

I've actually thought of that myself.. not a softboard, but with small nobs(i don't know if it's the right word)^_^

but thanks anyway:flower:

I have thought of making a whole wall into a bulletin board by covering with batting, fabric, and criss-crossing with ribbon. Right now I have 3 boards like that in my bedroom, so I should just expand to the wall :lol:

fashionista-ta
thats pretty cool! How about taking a picture of it and showing us?

Goddesss said:
fashionista-ta
thats pretty cool! How about taking a picture of it and showing us?

If I had a digital camera, I would :wink:

I have a matching pair of them on the tables on either side of my bed, and the third on a table on another wall--all lean against the wall. One is a spring fashion collage, and another a fall fashion collage.

^ that sounds really cool about the bulletin board idea.

Right now my walls are white, and my carpet is beige and it's tresss tress boring. I'm thinking of painting them a watermelony kind of pink with this PB Teen bedding, in the blue. Sort of like Marissa Cooper's bedroom on the first season of the OC :smile:

I'm also going to take fashion ads/spreads from magazines and put them on my wall. Any tips for how to apply them to my wall? I know Elmer's has "poster" glue that doesn't wreck up the walls, but any other suggestions would be welcomed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->