Henry Clarke - Photographer

from the same site
charles montaigne, 1956

i love that last image of Vogue (19161).

he seemed to capture the lifestyle quite well, no?.

^yes, indeed.

i love this one (mullet, you might not like it?)
for elsa schiaparelli in 1951
every.jpg

haha, i like that photo, anna. very spanish i think.

i dont know if this is the place/time to confess it but i love looking at old pictures by pure nostalgia and sometimes, when looking at them from a photography amateur point of view, i cant see the different between each photographer, i feel like most of them (when shooting for magazines) were working under very limited ideas or something..just focusing on making the dress look pretty or photographing a good-looking woman with a great life. am i making any sense? :doh: .what im saying is that i do appreciate the photographs because of the period they come from but...usually not the techniques. :innocent:

i should be buried in hell, i know -_-

i thought it might be too kahlo-esque:P

i absolutely know what you mean (uha, i say that all the time today:ninja:)
i'm sure it is because of the limited ways to express yourself in commercial photography then...as you said.
on the one hand that's what we appreciate about it since it's very simple but qualitative work on the other hand it wipes out the differences...

though i must say i find that schiaparelli picture very modern in it's easiness,
when i first saw it as a thumbnail somewhere i thought it was maria carla by ruven afanador:lol:

:lol: i too thought that was maria carla!. they look very alike..might be one of the reasons why they use her so much in eds..

and oh..glad someone understands me. i wont be alone in hell at least:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
this is clarke himself taking a picture... funny because he does not fit the image at all:lol:

Cheesus. Finally my computer is loading this page!

Post #9 & #10 were both put very well, I don't think I have anything to add other than that I'll have to buy, eh, those papers from the church that keep you from landing in hell, what are they called in English?

I like the pic from '51, it's more lively than the commercial stuff. I wonder what she was telling the conductor (assuming he is a conductor), it doesn't look like she was commanding him to carry her bags. Hmm... maybe she's pulling a gun. Who knows! It were crazy times :rolleyes:

#12 Olivier Theyskens! I like the "off camera" pictures. Thanks Anna!

clarke and verushka 1

The first one is a very good wallpaper for the computer.:wink:

thank you, it's interesting to see his work in colour though i still prefer his black and white images ....

anna karina said:
thank you, it's interesting to see his work in colour though i still prefer his black and white images ....
I will post black and white images, but it's interesting to see the evolution of a style

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aieshai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->