Hermès 'Barénia' Fragrance 2024 : Malgosia Bela by Nathaniel Goldberg

I'm here for anything Malgosia does, but unfortunately it's a bad campaign!

First image is terrible, the others are ok but certainly feel more like a bracelet campaign than a fragrance campaign.

Terrible that they have used the same face for two different shots.

Overall it looks very generic and dated. This looks more like a Hugo Boss fragrance ad from 20 years ago.

I think Bela is a great choice and I do like the photographs. However, I agree with @mikel, using the same face for two different photographs is terrible. It is a low. Bela is such a photogenic model that there must have been another good shot of her face. I also think the two bracelets on the model's hand are distracting and are competing with the fragrance bottle.

Hermès isn't immune to following the current perfume formula - make an bland ad campaign, select a suitably high price point for the intended market, then let the most popular 'reviewers' in the community do the rest, with future chapters to include a reformulation into a weaker version, and putting out flankers if there's any popularity to be exploited.

Just saw this at the airport and I thought Malgosia looked great and that she was selling a bracelet

I adore Malgosia, she looks fire in the shots. All the rest is really bad.

The film is giving Forrest Gump, even the catchphrase «skin is a scent » is at the level of «life is a chocolate box ».
What does it smells then ? The sweat of a horse girlie when she’s done grooming her poney and cleaning the box ?

I’m just happy to see Malgosia!

the ad is ok however, the narrative is weird to say the least, as it could have translated to the viewer/ buyer much better. ‘Barénia’ is a calfskin type of leather named by Hermès so the ad could have worked around such with a much better approach IMO
the parallelism human skin/ calfskin is so rich and obvious! a completely missed opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->