Hermes F/W 2024.25 : Ella Mccutcheon, He Cong & Jonas Glöer

oh Jesus Christ they did it again 🤧 that ripped bs ruins what it looks like to be a decent image.
once again the styling is atrocious!!
do they really need all those accessories out? cuffs, belt, scarf, another cuff… and another one… what is this, Gucci? Dior?

Hermès was untouchable for YEARS!

did they drop on sales? @Benn98
@vogue28

who’s behind this new marketing strategy?ugh

me likey very Hermes in all its ways, true to the brand and by putting average click clacks acc back in adv makes its the acc fresh again and not disregarded because less trendy ..that's how you great longevity and trust in your items to not disregard them for trend.

arm pits in view show that they don't take himself to seriously , she is free to live her life and is not a stiff rich gal!!! :-)

The P&B picture looks flawless, even with the armpit lol, but this thing of the scarf (?) in middle really ruined.

oh Jesus Christ they did it again 🤧 that ripped bs ruins what it looks like to be a decent image.
do they really need all those accessories out? cuffs, belt, scarf, another cuff… and another one… what is this, Gucci? Dior?

@vogue28

I agree with almost everyone, the b&w image was strong enough on its own and should have been left that way. For me the inclusion of the colorful tear away makes the b&w shot look like the “past.”

About sales, it’s the opposite. Hermes is one of the very few luxury brands still posting any growth and double digits growth too. This makes it seem that they are anticipating a slowdown for them as well as shoppers are only getting more conservative with spending and these more accessible items will still have a market. The bracelets also play to the “stacking” that has been boosting Van Cleef and Cartier. We’ll see what the rest of the campaign looks like but this first shot is intentionally light on RTW for a Fall campaign.

Hermès was untouchable for YEARS

I mean Hermes campaigns have always been like that for at least since the 2000s. They always focus on advertising the scarves and accessories more than their rtw.
This picture doesn't look promising but why acting so surprised by it. It's always been the case with Hermes.
One thing that I like about their campaign is that they always consistent with their visual approach, that doesn't need to rely on the vision of their rtw creative directors.
Their best recent campaign was Fall 2022.

And I think they doing just fine in terms of sale, untill I see a Birkin or a Kelly front and center in a campaign, I don't think Hermes has nothing to worry.

Because Hermes campaigns never attracted the same amount of attention that other brands did, it's easy to forget that they could be quite abstract, and at other times, very playful without ever losing sight of their values.

I wouldn't ever have said they were consistently brilliant campaigns - there's never been the feeling that Hermes has invested that deeply in them as a way of attracting revenue - but despite that, everything seemed consistent with what you know Hermes to be.

But the past few seasons, the images have just been merchandising with no extra thought. Maybe that's the 2024 version of "not investing too deeply" in your ad campaign, but you'd still expect something slightly more elevated than yet another low-effort collage.

@vogue28

Hermès campaigns have always been about weird concepts or ideas but also always about accessories.
It’s not like they sells a lot of clothes anyway.
When you look at the Bill King campaigns in the 80’s the accessories were very present.

Even to this day, when I think Hermes campaigns, I think about scarves! And to be totally fair, The Birkin and Kelly being the driving force of their revenues is a very recent phenomenon actually.

Hermes’s bread and butter were for a long long time, silk scarves.

But I think Hermes campaigns should be appreciated as a whole set. They are sometimes too elusive to be appreciated shot by shots.

@Lola701 all very true.
and the usage of the scarves in said ‘weird’ but nonetheless, very good campaigns, is a factual statement of such.

Hermès has had beautiful campaigns throughout the years - I can think of the one with Mariacarla, another one with Iselin… Karlie, Raquel (not the latest one…) and I also know these ads have 10 or more years but… * sigh *

I will always hate seeing armpits front and center like this in fashion photographs!!
In Model development, true agents that get it are supposed to warn against this.
Clearly, that has become a thing of the past.

Seeing the armpit shot in this thread was enough. It looks even worse in print!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benyi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->