Hero #9 Spring / Summer 2013 by Hedi Slimane

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
The hits keep coming from Hedi Slimane. Last week, the Saint Laurent creative director’s latest campaign, starring the perennially helmeted Daft Punk, hit the Web; for his next trick, he turned to guys with different, but equally decisive, taste in headgear. London’s menswear biannual Hero worked with Slimane on a series of images of American cowboys and riders from L.A. for a thirty-page portfolio in their new issue. “To work with Hedi on this American Cowboy project is really something special for us,” said Hero cofounder James West. “The riders’ personalities charge each image, their emotion is palpable.” Their wardrobes as well as their personalities are on display: Slimane shot the guys wearing only their own clothes. The images debut exclusively here on Style.com. The magazine is out April 22 in the U.K., and in the following weeks here in the States.
Gfgh8e9.jpg

OZVYApL.jpg

KR6eXNk.jpg

style.com

Not popping out so far at all, the cover is so blah, they want to give this sad/westernish feeling but it looks amateur to me.

I love the cover, but don't really like the idea of "guys wearing their own clothes" to be honest. I'll have to see the issue in print to make up my mind...

Ph: Chad Pitman
Styling: Gro Curtis

Ph: Stefan Zschernitz
Styling: Anders Solvstein Thomsen

Facebook/Bananas Models

i always love this magazine, and i do respect hedi slimane...but cowboys in their own clothes? sn0o0o0o0ozee

Ph: Matthew Brookes
Styling: James McCarty

Facebook/Bananas Models

Ph: Fabien Kruszelnicki
S
tyling: Elizabeth Fraser-Bell

successmodels.tumblr.com

Ph: James White
Styling: Stephan Morriss

Facebook/Bananas Models

'HOME BOY'
Ph: Maurizio Bavutti
Styling: Jack Borkett

Facebook/Republic Man

Travis Smith by James White looks amazing, and he isn't doing anything, he just looks cool all-american. However the styling on that story is awful, who will wear these looks?? And to put them on a model such as Travis is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->