'i want to**** like Hedi Slimane' >the song

timore said:
- irony is a dead scene

i agree its a dead scene , actually it's so dead it will soon be emerging as being uber-cool :P

Yeah,

I'm in the band. This sh*+ is ridiculous. We never thought much about this song other than it rocked. The music is sort of savage feedback VU stuff, which may or may not be Mr. Slimane's scene, we don't know, he hasn't been hanging around many Boston bars or basements. We like the guy's tight pants, plus pants rhymes with dance and france and you throw an f bomb in there and you've got a dance classic. This whole thing is supposed to be fun, filthy, and a little bit rotten. Of course it's all been done before, but has it been done this well?

timore

hey Lena

as an aside, this thing was recorded at Marcata in Harlem, not long after the heroes of your avatar finished recording there.

:woot: timore, i'm thrilled to have you posting here

hmm 'savage feedback VU stuff' sounds too much like my kind of noise , need to have a go at this 7'' of yours guys :cool:

this makes my day. It's awesome. :woot:

A member from TFS is in the band :shock: :woot: .

Does Johnny Borrel frequent this place too? :rolleyes: that'd be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great to see the band posting here, now we can get the otehr perspective as well. but aren't some of you a bit too surprised (it's not Franz Ferdinand ahum), I think a lot of TFS posters are fashion insiders without letting you know and I bet the designer are reading what their young consumers think too.

seven inch

Ok,

so we only printed a few hundred of these, hand silk screened one hundy and the rest are factory printed. People at shows and parties always flipped for this song, and always asked who the hell Hedi Slimane was. We're analog snobs, so there is no digital version of this song, it went right from our tubed amps onto tape and from tape onto record, we never thought anybody outside of Boston and Bushwick would here of it.
well, keep your eyes on www.streetsoffear.com

I feel dirty promoting my own stuff on here, so go back to your posting and I'm sorry to sully things, but if you want an actual copy that's you best bet to hear the song.

And we're not fashion insiders, nobody was more puzzled about this getting into WWD than us.

__pasquale timore

downloaded your mps, love them all but "mother**cker" stands out as a true classic, thanks for bringing your site in pasquale, looking forward listening to "Hedi Slimaine"

Well, from the article, can't tell if it's ironic or not. The lyric is pretty funny.

disstop said:
The fact that, this, “I want pants like Hedi Slimane” and “I want jeans like Hedi Slimane” followed by the chorus “I want to ---- like Hedi Slimane.” apparently is not ironic is kind of pathetic.

I dunno timore,with all due respect,I don't think I can get into it. It just reminds me too much of rappers and hip-hopper's label dropping every 5 seconds in song. Just not my cuppa. It seems fun indeed but the way you described the lyrics they sound rather inane to me. No offense to you or your bandmates.

try to have a go at the songs scott, they certainly is no rapper material :wink:

hedi is dj-ing saturday night in nyc. i heard matt damhave [ex-IOC] dj a set of reggae & hiphop thursday night in nyc.

timore said:
Yeah,

I'm in the band. This sh*+ is ridiculous. We never thought much about this song other than it rocked. The music is sort of savage feedback VU stuff, which may or may not be Mr. Slimane's scene, we don't know, he hasn't been hanging around many Boston bars or basements. We like the guy's tight pants, plus pants rhymes with dance and france and you throw an f bomb in there and you've got a dance classic. This whole thing is supposed to be fun, filthy, and a little bit rotten. Of course it's all been done before, but has it been done this well?

timore
i don't know that i llike the music..but i certainly like the attitude...
thanks for stopping by... :wink: :flower:

djing?

Did this really happen? How can he dj when he hasn't got his theme song yet?

hedi dj-ed in the west village saturday night at a small event promoting his 'birth of a cult' book.
hedi also attended a secret scissor sisters show at mercury lounge last week alongside jared leto & debbie harry. the scissors performed under the name Megapussi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->