Hollywood (Netflix Series)

Benn98

Reaction score
Stunning cast, but let's see if Ryan Murphy can redeem himself after his disappointing Feud and Versace series......

WWD

Stunning cast, but let's see if Ryan Murphy can redeem himself after his disappointing Feud and Versace series......

Whoah you though those were disappointing? I think they were quite amazing, definitely the best stuff he's done (along with the OJ series). If anything he has to make up for The Politician amd the last whatever seasons of AHS...

This looks interesting, even if a bit of a tired theme.

Whoah you though those were disappointing? I think they were quite amazing, definitely the best stuff he's done (along with the OJ series). If anything he has to make up for The Politician amd the last whatever seasons of AHS...

I think Feud wasn't made for fans of Joan and Bette. The ones who devoured every bit of trivia, news clip, and interview about them. The ones who actually watched their movies and knew their mannerism, what they looked like. It was for the masses who didn't know much about them. It was fantasy and fiction packaged as fact, with a horrible portrayal of two of Hollywood’s greatest legends to boot. You could tell by the 'sensational', 'campy', and downright false parts he chose to highlight, the casting choices (Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford was as laughable as Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest, on all fronts). And so anyone who never knew or saw any of their films walked away thinking all of that was true. Loved how the media fact-checked his episodes and pointed out his many mistakes after they aired because he probably thought everyone would just take it for what it is. On top of it all, it wasn't even artistic or visually pleasing. It's not like this was going to be modern-day Citizen Kane anyway.

He should stick to doing AHS with people like Germanotta or overplayed stories like the one above where you can't go wrong which basically looks like a Vanity Fair Hollywood pictorial in motion.

Had zero clue this was even in the works, until I saw the trailer on Netflix sometime last week.

I'll definitely watch the first episode to see what it's like, for sure. I loved Feud, didn't bother with The Politician (despite January Jones) and I find American Horror Story to be pretty hit and miss (quit mid-season with the last one).

Agreed though I do actually love The politician. Gwyneth and Jessica Lange are the true stars.

Not sure if my tolerance and attention span has been lowered because we're in lockdown but I thoroughly enjoyed this on Netflix last week, and it only took me three nights to watch the entire series. I thought it was brilliant and after every single episode, I was left wanting to watch the next.

I tried watching the first episode, but stopped at the middle. I personally find the pretentiousness of the characters in TV shows like this or the Dynasty remake extremely laughable.

The Politician pure gold. Hollywood is good, but a little bit forced, specially the inclusion. I'm not mad about seeing diversity in the serie, actually I like it but the narrative of the characters, I don't know, I'm a little bit tired about Murphy playing the white savior of the minorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->