How do you wear high heel sandals comfortably ??

Peter

Reaction score
Which high heels are suitable for walking (as in, walking in the street ?)
I don't have any problems with walking with high heels (~4inch). However, if I use a closed design, my big toe - which is quite big - hurts after a while. If I use a sandal with thin straps, after a while the straps are cutting into my foot, so I guess large straps are better. And in any case, they give me blisters on the foot sole very fast. Yes, the shoes are the right size, and the leather is of good quality.

So: are there usual recipes for wearing high heels comfortably for an extended period of time ? In particular
- do you use any inserts for comfort ?
- do you always wear high heels with stockings ? What about sandals ?
- do you just avoid walking ?
- do you walk, but not in the street (concrete is much harder than indoors) ?
I would be interested in seeing pictures of high heels that you can comfortably walk in, say, for several miles at a time.

Peter,

To help with your heel-wearing problems as a guy, have a look at

www.hhplace.org

Unfortunately, part of the site has server problems at present, but we hope to be back up in acouple of days.

Xa

I find that being comfortable in heels takes a bit of practise and that you need to make your feet used to taking a beating :lol:
Also, make sure you get shoes that are the correct size/width, and cheap shoes are often more uncomfortable than more expensive ones (well, most of the time) Other than that, there are a bunch of different inserts and paddings you can use. I've heard many good things about Insolia inserts, and the last time I was at the shoe store they had different gel padding patches shaped to fit where your toe hits the shoe, in the back of the heel and under the straps that goes across your foot and around your ankle. Just take a trip to the shoe store and describe your problem and they'll hopefully be able to help :flower:

my favorite for comfort- as much as is possible- is an open toe pump-

doesn't pinch my toes, but doesn't cut in like straps do either

and with inserts- always a cushion under the ball of the foot-

I just suffer the pain. Once you have a few drinks its alot easier to bear. Noone ever said looking good was easy!

I'm going to buy the Insolia inserts to see if they really work! Can't wait for them!^_^

My motto is "beauty is pain...sometimes." If they're amazing and definitely worth it, wear em, if not, screw it.

I use insolina inserts which help a little but all my shoes still hurt. I have very wide feet so it's hard to avoid, I just live with it or wear flats if I'll be walking a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->