How to get rid of sunspots/age spots

Reaction score
I have some dark spots on my cheeks. Does anyone know any (preferably inexpensive) way to get rid of them? I tried avon photo radiance and clinical laser but they don't seem to work.

Try looking for a product with Hydroquinone, it's one of the few ingredients proven to lighten skin discolorations. However, it's pretty controversial, so you may want to do some research on it/talk to your dermatologist.

Also, you must be diligent about using sunscreen everyday, to prevent further damage, or else you are wasting your time.

Peels - lactic & glycolic acid.

Or a more intense peel, which would be TCA.

Thanks for the responses. I have hydroquionne but haven't used it much because I heard it causes cancer. Also, I'm not sure if it lightens all of your skin or just the spots? Does anyone know any good lactic and glycolic acid peels that can be done at home?

Makeup Artists' Choice. All of the reviews are really good on Makeup Alley. That's what I'm gonna use :smile: And they let you buy sample sizes.

Do a chemical peel. THEN, take care of your skin by using more sunblock when on a regular basis. When/if they start coming back, repeat the peel. This is the best way to attack this.

Would microdermabrasion work? I am gonna get microdermabrasion because I got a great deal on it. They don't do chemical peels at the place I'm going to, unfortunately. Hopefully the microderm will make my skin look better but somehow I think it won't really do anything. :rolleyes:

I also got a home glycolic/lactic acid peel and it doesn't seem to help any. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->