Hugh Grant Giving Up Acting

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
LONDON - Hugh Grant (news) says he's lost interest in acting and is heading into retirement. Grant, who plays heartthrob Daniel Cleaver in "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason," was quoted Thursday by the Evening Standard's Metro magazine as saying film acting is a "miserable experience."

"It's so long and boring and so difficult to get right," Grant said.

"I am sort of semiretired," he said. "I keep thinking I'm going to write a brilliant script."

Grant, whose screen credits include "Four Weddings and a Funeral," "Notting Hill" and the first "Bridget Jones" movie, gained international notoriety when he was caught in a car with Hollywood prostitute Divine Brown in 1995.

The 44-year-old actor, who took his new girlfriend, heiress Jemima Khan, to this week's London premiere of "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason," told the magazine he didn't feel pressure to settle down.

:o :cry:

he's been saying this for years...(ssmi-retired...LOL)
he's not going anywhere...

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 11 2004, 08:13 PM
he's been saying this for years...(ssmi-retired...LOL)
he's not going anywhere...
[snapback]427991[/snapback]​
It's like KISS or Cher, they're always on their "retirement tour" but they always come back for more.

^^ exactly spike.....
Cher is rediculous.....how many times do u need to say farewell?

Well if he is gonna quit,thank god !
He's a good actor,but lately he's been so boring.

I'd like for him to write a script, I remember Richard Curtis once said that he's be good at it - and since I love Richard Curtis :blush: I'll take his word for it :heart:

I thought he said that when the whole hooker thing from a few years ago happened.

With%20Champagne.jpg

I like Hugh. :blush: Who knows if this is true or not.

I hope he quits, I cannot stand Hugh Grant hes the hammest actor out and plays the same character in practically every movie he's in.

ick, retire now Hugh, you're rich enough anyway.

Damn, and I was hoping he'd replace Anne on the Weakest Link...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jader
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->