International Price Variations of Luxury Goods

yourbestfriend

princely
Reaction score
So, i've just been curious as we all come from different areas of the globe, and also not to mention many of us travel to different places from time to time. What are the variations in prices of goods in different countries? I've heard that luxury goods are cheaper in the EU as opposed to in the US. Goods in Canada are more expensive than in the US, especially since the Canadian dollar is at par with the US, prices have not adjusted to reflect this.

From everyones experiences, where have you found goods to be more expensive? Cheaper?

I'm going to Kuala Lumpur in December and am wondering if things would be cheaper as opposed to buying in Canada?

Anyones experiences would be great to hear. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally I try and buy things from the country/area of origin as they tend to be cheaper then as retailers do not have to pay duties on them.

As you mentioned, it's a good time for Canadians purchasing from the states since in fact the Canadian dollar is worth slightly more than the US dollar so we're at an advantage (or at least those of us who buy from the states or live close to them).

I will shop around on websites and see what the best option is. For example, I go between the NAP's and see what the better price is (American designers will be cheaper on the US site for example) and then order from whichever one is best. It helps to have a British bank account and billing address, for me anyway

Fact is, shi* will always be at the cheapest where it's produced. That's why japanese and chinese tourists go buckshi*crazy at European Designer stores during their stay in Europe. The taxes they pay for said products in their own countries are vomit inducing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->