Interview Russia February 2012 : Lana Del Rey by Sean & Seng

Brigitte Bardot-esque meets The Silence of the Lambs. Love it! :heart:

It's inspired by Irving Penn :

irving_penn_bee_on_lips_1995.jpg

swimminginthespace.wordpress.com

this cover is briliant! just briliant!
The best photo of Lana I have ever seen...its so so good! my favourite 2012 cover untill now.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Irving Penn photo was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw this cover. This is truly stunning. Lana looks fantastic as always, this cover is a great irony because there are some rumors that... erm... she added some substance on her lips to make them look poutier. Who cares though? She makes great music. Oh and by the way, welcome back Alyona. This is what I remember from you and your work... truly stellar.

That Irving Penn photo was the first thing that came into my mind when I saw this cover. This is truly stunning. Lana looks fantastic as always, this cover is a great irony because there are some rumors that... erm... she added some substance on her lips to make them look poutier. Who cares though? She makes great music. Oh and by the way, welcome back Alyona. This is what I remember from you and your work... truly stellar.

You nailed, that's exactly what the cover is about. Love how they played with the whole lips controversy and that Irving Penn photo, so clever and tongue-in-cheek. Lana looks stunning, people need to put her in more covers.

This is so beautiful. I don't care for her but I care for this cover <3

Beautiful! :heart:
She hasn't got many covers yet (and here's hope for her not to get overexposed), but it's easy to tell that this is going to be one of her best ever. It's one of the best covers I've seen lately anyway.

And seriously, first DiCaprio and now Del Rey. Interview Russia is raising my expectations with such great cover choices (and images). I hope they manage to keep us interested.

Beautiful! :heart:
She hasn't got many covers yet (and here's hope for her not to get overexposed),
It seems with this cover, and her being on Billboard Magazine, as well as UK Vogue's March cover, its already happening. But then she is riding a wave, and i cant blame her taking what she is offered. If others turn out this good, who cares anyway.

I don't blame her either, she's just starting to get these big magazine covers, and she's completely right. By overexposed I mean more than that, when it no longer excites you, when the interviews become always the same thing, about the same subjects. I think she's not there yet. And all the attention is well-deserved, IMO.

Does anyone know if this magazine has some pages translated to English, like L'Uomo Vogue?

Stunning. I so wish I could get ahold of the German and Russian edition of Interview where I live, but alas... *sigh*

Brilliant, clever, stunning cover. :heart:
This is only the start, and the more Lana the better.

Its a perfect cover and I think truly in the original Interview spirit. She is a hot, buzzed about singer, but most of the buzz is on her lips. The cover addresses the rumors, parodies them, and is a compelling and beautiful image all at the same time.

bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->