Isaiah Washington Enters Rehab

kateelle

Reaction score
Life&Style:

'According to an insider, Isaiah, who issued an apology for his statements on Jan. 18, agreed to undergo a psychological assessment after talks with ABC executives.

The married 43-year-old father of three was spotted entering the facility at 9 a.m. today (Jan. 24).

ABC has told him he must enter a program to examine why he would say such hateful words, the insider says.'

Rehab for saying a slur? I didn't know such things existed. Don't you usually just have to take a sensitivity class or whatever in most workplaces? I don't mean to offend anyone, but if they're actually making him go to "rehab" that seems just a little silly.

i know it's wrong to say use that offensive term about about gay people..but sending him to do a course in rehab seems a bit extreme. seems like a move on ABCs part to keep their reputation.
i'm sure alot of people say offensive things about gay people everyday..
and i'm not meaning to offend people at all..

^I think this is ABC's doing. There is so much backlash, they need to make it seem like they're doing something about him without having to fire him.

He should have been fired. To make a bigotous comment like that and get away with a slap on the wrist? Unacceptable behaviour towards gay people is still permitted without consequence and its very sickening. But this is America, so I dont expect any sensitivity.

hmm interesting.... how come Michael Richards didn't enter rehab for his racist comments?

Oh how rediculous.....

You can't rehabilitate the ignorant and the stupid. I'm getting so sick of this fad of going to rehab when you're true colors are shown to be less than pleasing. Michael Richards seeking help for dropping the n-bomb, this guy going into rehab for calling someone a ***.....jeez. Can anyone really say that they'd be convinced by their "reformed" ways?

Sometimes people need help with their emotions. But more often than not an ***hole is simply an ***hole.

writergal28 said:
He must be in an anger management program.

This is just what I was going to say. I think he released a statement about going into a counseling program? I think it must be anger management/therapy? Who knows if he really wants to change or if he just is trying to save his image and ABC's though.

His comment stirred a LOT of drama ... I wonder if the same amount of drama if his comment was demaçeaning to any other minority ... I think his timing was AWFUL

icydk:
Isaiah Washington’s Grey’s Anatomy castmates are keeping their distance as the disgraced actor battles his demons in rehab.

The star was a no-show at Sunday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards, where his castmates claimed a Best TV Ensemble, after checking into a treatment centre to address issues that reared up after he twice referred to gay co-star T.R. Knight as a “******”.

And while co-star Chandra Wilson offered her support to him during her Best Actress acceptance speech, other castmates weren’t quite so warm towards Washington.

Katherine Heigl, who suggested the actor shouldn’t be allowed to speak publicly after mentioning the ‘f’ word at a Golden Globe Awards backstage press conference earlier this month, was still chilly towards him.

Of his SAG Awards absence, she said, “As far as we know, he’s seeking treatment right now to help with some of his issues. We don’t know when he’ll be back, or for how long.”

After publicly apologising for his remarks, Washington checked into a residential treatment facility last week in a bid to keep his job on the medical drama, according to news reports in America.

It's all bloody PR. He's only sorry cos he got caught, as was Michael Richards, Mel Gibson.... with the latter two's comments much worse than Washington's.

That kind of bigotry is innate. Call me a cynic, but no amount of rehab can change what's in your blood.

Rehab for being an ***hole? Huh, seems like overkill. Maybe some anger management classes and group therapy.

LetThemEatCake said:
He should have been fired. To make a bigotous comment like that and get away with a slap on the wrist? Unacceptable behaviour towards gay people is still permitted without consequence and its very sickening. But this is America, so I dont expect any sensitivity.

You have to be kidding. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion and should have been handeled behind the scenes- without anyone being fired!

All of the gay alliances have forgiven him, and really, that should be enough.

I kind of disagree. The only reason that the gay organizations haven't served his head on a platter is because he agreed to "work" with them to fix his "problems"

I think he should have been fired as well, for many reasons. The first is obviously because he has publicly disrespected another castmember on more than one occasion. Second, by doing so he's basically alienated himself from the rest of the cast who have spoken out against his behavior. Lastly, he's a poor representation of the show as far as PR goes.

Plus, I read somewhere that Knight was actually considering leaving the show. I don't know if it's true or not, but how is that fair, that he should feel so uncomfortable at his job that he has to leave and the ***hole causing the problems goes through a bullsh*t round of "rehab" to fix his image and then goes back to work.

I love Grey's, but enough is enough. I can't believe they're even putting up with Isiah in the first place.

I can't believe they think people will buy this, it's so obviously damage control. It's completely trivialising the seriousness of rehab to people who actually can be helped by it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->