Michael Rider - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

because people love to believe in corporations and institutions and fancy writing, some think Bof is 100 years old :-)

also i think since you need to pay for the info it's less easy accessible for most and it's also new publication so it need time to build credibility in fashion pop culture :-)
But everybody knows by now that BOF doesn’t have an ounce of a scoop no?
It’s basically a « public statement » publication.
For me they are only relevant because they can conduct interviews with Key industry people and sometimes they have interesting articles but essentially, it has become an institution so, it’s like Vogue.

I literally have no idea who this man is and why you're excited about him. Seems like more Hedi gaslighting.

He worked POLO RALPH LAUREN - the equivalent of McDonalds. You are getting Celine polos in 100 colors...to be frank Celine was always the French Ralph Lauren (I said this on here and now look what happened, I need to watch my words)...

Anyway this guy will be another KVA. I feel bad for him, he just crashed his career and has people in his corner probably telling him he is it and is next...this is why the people you surround yourself with are everything.

Last edited:
I don't mind it for the sake of the brand's longevity. What will be more interesting to me is whether or not they will keep the triomphe logo as a prominent icon of the maison, alongside the canvas monogram, the logo as well as the identity of a provider of french bourgeois clothing and lifestyle goods.

I honestly liked the interiors Hedi designed and they were clearly more eclectic than his Saint Laurent and Dior stores. For them to vanish so suddenly again would be a shame!

It was all agreed a while ago. Miss Tweed was right as always. I don’t get why people like to make fun out of her in TFS
I believed Miss Tweed back in April/May when she reported it, especially when she named Michael Rider, an obscure figure then, when he just resigned from Polo Ralph Lauren a few days ago. What I meant is I am wondering why they chose to make all of these announcements (the show, Hedi's departure, and Rider's appointment) all within the same 1-2 days span. Thought they would space it out more, even if it's all been decided.

With Bruno saying a successor will be named before the Holidays makes me think it might be Hedi.

This is literally an Anthony Vacarrello/KVA appointment. So no major changes except making it less insular and definitely more accessible.

Hedi built a brand closed down and now someone will open it up and grow further. With how right the rumors are, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was an amicable transition. He was probably lined up. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pre-agreed that after building Celine up he leaves, as weird as that sounds.

You hire Hedi for the defribillator shot. Not for the super long game. After all, in this climate, 7 years is a long time in fashion.

This is literally an Anthony Vacarrello/KVA appointment. So no major changes except making it less insular and definitely more accessible.

Hedi built a brand closed down and now someone will open it up and grow further. With how right the rumors are, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was an amicable transition. He was probably lined up. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was pre-agreed that after building Celine up he leaves, as weird as that sounds.

You hire Hedi for the defribillator shot. Not for the super long game. After all, in this climate, 7 years is a long time in fashion.
The WWD or Bof article mentioned that they (Hedi and Arnault) couldn't figure how to solve the contract which leads to Hedi's departure,so not sure how amicable it was in the end.

Miss Tweed shook the table no wonder why the Arnaults are out to get my good sis

• Haha
Reactions: KoV
The WWD or Bof article mentioned that they (Hedi and Arnault) couldn't figure how to solve the contract which leads to Hedi's departure,so not sure how amicable it was in the end.
My bet is Hedi going to Dior and the complications are actually sorting Jones and Chiuri.

My bet is Hedi going to Dior and the complications are actually sorting Jones and Chiuri.
let's just wait...it's just a matter of time and all this puzzle will be solved...in the meantime let's enjoy the hunger games..lol

^ this is one of the most untalented men at the helm of two important brands. He has not delivered one good collection nor campaign.

He put Fendi in a new low and Dior is just now a brand which does collaboration after collaboration to hide the fact that he is useless.

I don't understand how Polo is the McDonalds of fashion, first of all. We'll have to actually see a collection before hating, plus his background is solid, so why not?

^ this is one of the most untalented men at the helm of two important brands. He has not delivered one good collection nor campaign.

He put Fendi in a new low and Dior is just now a brand which does collaboration after collaboration to hide the fact that he is useless.
And Dior (Homme) has become so ghetto. I am not sure the c-suits are pleased with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->