It's A Man Thing

Yah, it was posted before when I was giving Charlie Porter a hammering...it may have been posted by Kit...

I feel his point about menswear being designed for more realistic shapes slightly jars me - I have a very narrow waist and broad shoulders and I don't want to have to wear a sackcloth just because most men can't be bothered to keep in shape...

I can relate to him though because I've always found menswear far more interesting than womenswear - I think a lot of men design womenswear for purely commercial reasons i.e. menswear doesn't sell unless it has a name like Dior.

As a youg , 30 something Oxbridge graduate , ( you can only imagine the green light of envy in my eyes as I write this !!! ) , Charlie has it made , BUT FOR HOW LONG ?

10 years ?

I cannot see him turning into another Colin McDowell the respected fashion doyen whose books I've mentioned before .

Still he CAN write SOME sense , as evinced by this one of his weekly columns in the Guardian magazine .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,...1225970,00.html

I envy him his access to such a parade of interesting talent !!!

One can only dream , while the somewhat frivolous Charlie actually live out the dream . ( audible sigh :blink: )

KIT :wink:

I heard he wrote for GQ...I know you've had more serious issues on your mind but you haven't seen any of his articles for GQ have you, kit?

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:11 am
I heard he wrote for GQ...I know you've had more serious issues on your mind but you haven't seen any of his articles for GQ have you, kit?
I have , Matie , and as a fashion agony aunt , they are JUST what one would expect from such an enthusiastically frivolous mind , God love us !!! :o

Mind you , it's only because I was bought copies of GQ UK to read in hospital that I know , apart from my perusal of same in Sainsburys' magazine secction , when I was mobile , Which I should be again before too long !!! :innocent:

Still , I must NOT forget to keep my envy in check , as I do not get invites to stay in Paris for the launch of the new Cartier watch , get to buy my choice of Miu Miu and Helmut Lang mules etc etc . :P

Isn't it galling when all of a sudden , the gay stereotype reemerges after all the super macho years of muscle and the gym ? :lol:

I wonder how long he will last at GQ ? Perhaps he's there as a counterpoint to the rather staid Dylan Jones ? B)

God knows what the magazine would turn into with Charlie as editor ? :cry:

An up-market ' Attitude' ? :rolleyes:

Only time will tell . :unsure:

KIT.
:meow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back