Ivan Grundahl

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by faust, Aug 20, 2004.

1. faust

faust New Member

I'm not sure if we discussed this before. Nevertheless, I like his designs. They are very subtle, yet sculptural. He has two showrooms/stores, one in Copenhagen, one in New York (IF boutique is the agent).

[​IMG]

Here is his website. There is nothing on it but the contact info, which is a shame.

IV

"Wave" bag, folds like harmonica.

[​IMG]

More images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

thanks faust...i've always wondered about this...but never really asked...
    very voluminous clothing...i can't carry that much fabric myself...but i like the aesthetic...

3. faust

faust New Member

I wonder if Mettchen has been to his (is it him or her? I'm not sure) store in Copenhagen. I passed by but did not walk in. I should have.

4. orlem

orlem New Member

I think we have enough designers of the same black, white, and neutrals philosphy, but I know many will disagree especially here at tFS. :wub:

I would like to see color added to his sculptural designs like the first coat. I like the wave bag too.

5. Tinetush

Tinetush What fresh hell is this.?

I know that there is a store in aalborg as well (aalborg is in denmark, I don't think many knew that) :rolleyes: :lol:

6. daisyduke

daisyduke New Member

i love that bag!! :smile: its so cool

7. purechris

purechris no photos, no photos

I like it!

the "Spring 2004" piece looks very light and airy. I have a thing for raw edges too. The shirt (under the jacket) in the last pic looks VERY cool. (actually something I could see you in Soft-less volume). And I am definitely digging the bag.

8. macchiom

macchiom New Member

He had 6 stores in 2002, and it’s probably no surprise to anyone, that he’s inspired by Yohji Yamamoto and Rei Kawakubo even though he has been in the business as long as they have.

I believe the last store he opened was in Aarhus (Denmark, I’ll bet you all knew that!)

By the way he almost exclusively wears black, which shouldn’t come as a big surprise either…

9. gbnf34

gbnf34 New Member

I wore an Ivan Grundahl skirt for my confirmation. And the most embarrasing about it is that my Grandmom went into the shop with pictures from my confirmation and showed them to Ivan Grundahl himself. :blush:

10. runner

runner .

I can take this jkt.

[​IMG]

11. metal-on-metal

I always see his stuff at IF and it's very nice. His name is actually on the huge banner outside.

12. softgrey

the thing with his stuff is that it's cut long and lean...at just under 5'4"...i am not...

so the waist hits around my hip/thigh area......anyone else know what i mean?...

13. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

really nice :heart:

very nice play with volume(slim and big), soft and creative, i lvoe the raw edged top

14. faust

faust New Member

Yep, they double as a showroom and PR agent, I beleive.

15. faust

faust New Member

<raises hand> On the bright side, being short saved me a lot of money in terms of "I'd get that if I could pull it off" :lol:

16. softgrey

ha....you're funny faust...i have to say though that i'm not even tempted by the ivan grundhal stuff with comme, dries, branquinho and mmm hanging right there...i really don't think it compares...do you?...

17. faust

faust New Member

I think it does. Certain pieces are certainly up on the level. Especially with MMM - I'm sorry but I think he simply ran out of steam. I also don't think VB is anything exciting - it's nice and good quality, but pretty plain for the most part.

18. Mettchen

Mettchen desire, undefined

oh yes, of course I've been there. :wink: he's "the grand old man" of danish fashion and I've always loved his clothes. And it's definetly not typical danish design!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

those were great to look at. I didnt realise I liked danish fashion so much. Dries is a favorite. I agree with Softgrey...these are nice to look at, but at my altitude -- these pieces would look like theatrical curtains. I also find that these cuts dont look so good on women who have curvy butts, why can't designers remember us...we spend money too!

20. faust

faust New Member

Dries is Belgian :wink: :flower: