j.k. livin by Matthew McConaughey

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Matthew McConaughey has plenty on his plate between his acting career, modeling for Dolce & Gabbana and being a new dad, but he just launched a brand-new online store for his clothing line j.k. livin. The name takes its inspiration from McConaughey’s 1993 film Dazed and Confused, while his father is the man stenciled into the line’s logo. So what can you expect from the online arm of such a personal project? Jklivinstore.com has apparel for men and women, including sweatshirts and T-shirts, as well as accessories, infant onesies and even frisbees and wristbands! In the next few weeks, expect to see more T-shirt designs and sweatbands with music downloads, gift cards, foundation donations and more to roll out in the future. Check out the brand’s inspirational message and organic items at jklivinstore.com.

photo and blurb from people.com

Attachments

• matt2.jpg
    matt2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
this is one of the strangest things ive ever seen...from the jk livin online store testimonials...:unsure:

What Does j.k. livin mean to you?

j.k. livin represents an ever optimistic approach to life, as I interpret it. Whether dealing with loss, celebrating success, or simply chillin in your own skin – since I’ve been exposed to the lifestyle, there has been a positive energy force that surrounds me when I am being true to my feelings about the just keep livin’ way of life.
-Mark Gustawes
As someone easily tempted by the dramatics that life presents, the mantra "just keep livin" has resonated my ears, assuming the role of a guiding guru when the drama pushes me aside and takes center stage. We all have been through trying events and met people in our lives that have let us down and even pulled us way down. People deal with times like these in different ways. A common and affected way is to wallow, have a pity party (which can be fun for a little bit), hold grudges, and never move on. This way suffocates an open mind and infects the heart. Of course these circumstances will make one weary and cautious in the future, but when these events define a person and their overall outlook on life and others, that is the moment that they stop living. "just keep livin" reminds humans to keep on moving and to keep an open mind to the present and especially for what is to come. If you don’t, you may never know…
-Diana Davis –Dyer
The beauty of j.k. livin is that it’s more than just a saying or a slogan. It’s a way of being…a positive outlook on life that extends across all cultures…it has no boundaries. Each individual, no matter where you’re coming from or where you’re going, has an opportunity to own the j.k. livin mantra.
-Leslie Gialamas
It means friendship, easy living when times are stressful, having a personality, leaving your special mark on something, improvising, compromising, representing, having fun.
-Cush Donelan

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, it just looks like a bunch of crap. Shot glasses and lame tees. I'm not getting to inspired or optimistic from this...

Who are the people giving testimonials there?? I don't know who they are. Or maybe they're his friends? I'm confused.

How are beer koozies made from plastic and styrofoam "organic"?

Last edited by a moderator:
good lord..i can get a fashion line at this point..

just checked out the stuff...i was kind of willing to like it because i sometimes see something sort of cool in matthew mcconaughey (though admittedly i know next to nothing about him) but no....this stuff is not cool...not at all..:innocent:

Why does everyone think they can have a fashion line? He is the last person I would have thought to have his own line. This is too much.

giving him the benefit of the doubt here....i don't think anyone actually said anything about this being a 'fashion' line but rather an apparel/lifestyle line. this isn't like sweetface,lamb or seanjean nor does it imply that it is,which i give him credit for. let's face it,people are going to start apparel lines. celebs have been doing it since kathie lee gifford for chrissakes....but once it begins teetering on the line of designer wannabe,i have a problem with that. but i don't hear or read that in this at all.

i really liked the character of david wooderson in "dazed and confused" which is a must-see movie in my opinion.

but reading these testimonals brings the LOLZ...he seems to be injecting a sense of pathos into the clothing line that justifiably shouldnt be there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->