J.W. Anderson Mens S/S 2013 London

WilhelmF

Reaction score
Super-slicked black fringes and headscarves at JW Anderson
a04d8104b85511e1b2fe1231380205bf_7.jpg

twitter.com/TeleFashion

A lot of the same block again, as with his womenswear, and the construction is very questionable. But it's forgivable, as I want one of those huge draped coats (the one in the gorgeous deep red, please), and I love the pinstripe shirt with matching wide-leg trousers.

I am really not digging the sheer lace shirt trend happening in London, so tacky.

I can honestly say that I would NEVER wear anything of these things

Quite frankly, I hate it. I get the womenswear inspiration, but most of it is awful. I'm all for new offerings, but not when it looks this bad. What man in his right man would wear would wear those ugly tight chavs trousers?

zgc9D.jpg

CA-GRAY.CO.UK

And let's not talk about this horror http://s14.postimage.org/6xxjob1e9/2012_06_17_09_16_16_j_w_anderson_1985.jpg ...

Oh and, do we have to blame Marc Jacob's look at the MET for those long lace things? :huh:

I was actually at this show today, and it was pretty spectacular. You could see the thought he put in to this collection so much, it was very, very cool in person. The images definitely don't translate the collection well enough!

Oh, I'm loving this. I might be crazy, but oh well.
First and foremost, those draped coats are gorgeous. I'll take the pink one. One of those evil teddy bear sweaters just has to be mine. Oh, and I'm really loving those lace (?) sheer blouses with florals on them. If styled right, they could look really cool. This has to be another favorite collection of mine from London thus far.

Show Report
ANZEJ DEZAN | 17/06/2012

A scarfed model was holding on to his A2-sized sketchbook during JW Anderson's spring/summer 2013 show at the Institute for Contemporary Arts. Like he was going to take out his pencils and start drawing right then and there - the barely-detectable gesture was figurative of what yet to come.

There is no one that does artistic with a whiff of the androgynous quite so well as JW Anderson. Initially a menswear designer, he only started designing for women two seasons ago due to popular demand. The feminine chip on his shoulder surfaced once again in a myriad of bohemian, Seventies-art-scene-inspired menswear looks.

From the baby chick-yellow statement opening look, all the way through the searingly pink asymmetrical blazer with a diagonal panel running down the front, to the vicious looking teddy bear print, this was no feast for the shy. A two-piece suit was replaced by either matching shirts, closing in the back, or vests and seriously elongated bell bottom trousers, most stunning in ribbed knitwear.

The famous hexagonal shapes from his previous summer menswear collection were replaced by paint blotches and an abstract floral-like motif in black, grey, white and turquoise, mounted on a translucent surface. And while these may sound questionable in terms of wearability, it was the camera appeal of platformed open-back sandals and the pinstripe "Elvis suit" that will make sure they feature in all the glossies next summer. JW Anderson is an acquired taste, but one that always leaves us craving more. More of what comes out of his sketchbooks, more designs and certainly more individuality.

HQs
*nowfashion missed the opening look

vogue.co.uk

vogue.co.uk

What I like about this is that I feel like he went for something provoking, maybe in a stark way, and there are some quite hit moments - the asymmetrical blazer numbers, the flares, those pinstripe suits with the deep cut.

His use of blocks is pretty noticeable, and if anything, I wish he expanded the lovely print in this look here a bit more:

i really enjoy the crossover he has with his womens label in terms of some of the shapes and pieces being essentially the same, and im fascinated in the fact that he is obviously making clothes that are comfortable or instantly attractive on a male figure. I think for a menswear designer to really step out of the comfort zone of masculinity is great

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->