Jalouse Sept. 2008 : Lissy Trullie, Harley V. Newton, Ilirjana, Pamela by M. ANDRE

BerlinRocks

Reaction score
i'll make a scan of the cover later.
but overall it's a good issue.
dedicated to NYC. everything is from NY.
there's even english text. what i don't understand, as they already launched a jalouse us and it didn't work at all, i think. or maybe it still does run ???!!! :ninja:
fashion editorials start on p. 225 and end on p. 280 ...

there's an ed with Shalom H. and a very good ed by Anne-Sophie Thomas.

i've seen Kai Khune in photo ... :shock::doh:
he has really changed.:ninja:

thank you for the review, sounds great

review :

Jalouse loves Nathaly Love by Matthew Frost, styled by Sebastien Cambos
Maximum Shalom by Steen Sundland, styled by Isabelle Peyrut
Pamela love(s) NY by Olivier Zahm (!!), styled by Emilie Kareh, text by Olympia Le Tan
Coney Island Baby by Skye Parrot, styled by AS Thomas, model : Ilirjana Alushaj
God put a smile (...) by André, styled by Jennier Eymère, model : Annebelle Dexter-Jones
More Sophomore by Matthew Frost, styled by J. Eymère, models : Chrissie Miller (and her gang)

there are lot of things to see (and maybe read) ...
but me who hasn't gone like "i like jalouse this month" for a long long time.
it's a good issue.

i still think they should try to relaunch an issue in the issue.
this one proves it !!!

they have a lot of stuff to make in usa. a ny scene is very friendly with the parisian gang they often work with.

much appreciated BerlinRocks :flower:

Why can't they feature something new?... It's the same (sort of) people every month. What's so great about Lissy Trullie and Harley Newton? Just dull hipster girls who haven't done anything apart from looking nice in plaid shirts.. I miss the old Jalouse.

COVER + SOMMAIRE
:flower:

- scanned by berlinrocks -

Attachments

• img630 copy.JPG
    img630 copy.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 193
  • img631.jpg
    img631.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 989
  • img632.jpg
    img632.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 618
  • img633.jpg
    img633.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 1,908
Why can't they feature something new?... It's the same (sort of) people every month. What's so great about Lissy Trullie and Harley Newton? Just dull hipster girls who haven't done anything apart from looking nice in plaid shirts.. I miss the old Jalouse.

i miss the old jalouse, as well ...
but they have gone a new way. jennifer eymère is there to support this way ... i don't know if they still "consult" flora desprats, but it's her world ...

now we're used to it, non ?

for my part i don't like it this way and just bought it once or twice this year.
but this issue is about ny and i don't know that much about ny - except their face ...

you can imagine there's something about agyness as well (they're late, there) ...
and about the ny art scene - which interests me ... though it's still Jalouse
then there're one page for some designers ...

i think it's the only "hipster" issue of this year i can bear.

seriously it's a good issue.
and i repeat, it's maybe time to relaunch a publication overthere. the us land is ready for it.
anglosaxons like it, non ?
maybe a 3monthly publication, first ?

Thanks BerlinRocks...the cover is average and so is the styling but it seems like an interesting issue indeed!

no,berlin,jalouse usa is indeed defunct. went under after only about 5 or 6 issues. quite sad too as it was the best american mag other than paper.

anyway,i haven't looked at jalouse in a while. last ones i saw last year admittedly were a bit boring compared with what i used to see from them a couple years ago. and ny? everybody seems to be doing special NY issues lately. like stella said,seems a bit tedious.

i quite like Jalouse, it's fresh and it's cheap.
It's probably the only mag I buy without really thinking about the contents.

Thank you Berlin.

this is the last issue in my subscription
i definitely won't be renewing it

yeah it's just so....contrived now. Uninteresting. The color of the cover looks odd. I feel like they are trying to cobble together a scene that is just like it was in the 60s/70s/80s but it doesn't work. I don't like how they are trying to force this as cool, when it's just trite.

i'm very surprised nobody in usa actually likes this magazine.
i, for my part, ain't buying jalouse for a long time, but thought this issue was good.
and def. thought they had some place on usa market.
but no, actually ...
too bad, i tried .

Weird all this hate towards Jalouse. I mean, really, name one magazine better than Jalouse at the moment. I just don't think there is one, besides Purple but that's kind of like their brother magazine.
Btw if Lissy is "doing nothing" (besides playing in a super rad band, which she has always been doing and being one of the best DJ's ever [who dj's with actual records unlike so many others] like no joke, and etc etc etc) what are you doing in comparison? Exactly. Just because she's photographed often does not mean she is just some "dull hipster girl."

This September issue seems quite good, can't wait to get my copy.

Whoa Annabelle Dexter Jones.. i went to hs with her before she transferred to a different school

Is Jalouse the french version of Nylon (equal in stupid hipsterdom, that is)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->