Jamie Isaia - Photographer

i just noticed something that could be disturbing! all of my favorites here, you can't see the subject's faces!

art school blah

these photographs look like a freshman in college took them. its all about self-pity and self-loathing. sexual repression, blah blah blah. not original at all. i will say that the colors are nice but i can't believe an agency like art and commerce would take on such an unexperienced person?? and one with no real style at that.

let's just get something straight, poses came first and then silly labels. :D

just because someone's lying against his arms, it doesnt necessarily mean he's sobbing or feeling sorry for whatever he's into. it can be anything. as much as i dont like the first set because of the soap opera feel, i think the next ones are pretty good, i fail to see the priority on the model's pose rather than the lighting, gorgeous colours and the quiet mood.

The model's poses create a big part of the mood in these pics, for me that is, because that's mostly what the camera focuses on. As for the colors and optical effects, they're indeed very fine! (the 5th from #3 and *repeats self* the one with the pleated curtains :heart:)

Still in my opinion the majority of the poses is very myspace livejournalish :angel: That's just the vibe I get. The mood is quiet but I'd rather associate it with world-weariness.

P.S. it's good having a bit of a debate after the many agreed agreements :lol:

i'm glad you like them kimkhuu.

perlefine, i agree about the refreshing nature of dis-agreeing for once:P

i do understand what you mean when you say the poses are too contrived. it certainly isn't a kind of photography that just happens, there's a construction behind it. but interestingly i haven't perceived the images as very dramatic even if there might be drastic things happening ... somehow i find there's a stillness and objectivity overlapping the sense of drama and this is exactly what creates the suspense for me...

i can see what you mean about the myspace/livejournal-ness to some of them, and that really makes me sad...the stigma surrounding those websites shouldn't infiltrate fine art photography! :lol: if that's what you mean by "emo" i understand. however, i don't feel as if those images are fulfilling that stigma...they are still very different for me.

this is perfect...disagreeing means discussion, which is what we want! in terms of jennybalance's take on it, i VEHEMENTLY disagree...that is a really banal argument and it holds no water for me, personally. i was in a photography program and my classmates work wasn't NEARLY as interesting as this...no one i knew in any photo program was doing as good of work as this is. this work could be considered easy, yes...but it is by no means boring, inexperienced student work.

ooh i love that last blue one! thanks fugfashion...these are great!

:heart:

teenage angst

i understand what you are saying but really....this reminds me of what pics my sister took in high school. blurry, sad photos of herself and her friends...trying to prove how sad life is.

there is a lot more to photography than this.

The pics disappeard, but here are a few new ones anyway. Much much better :heart: The vignetting looks a bit fake though sometimes.. :unsure:

iedyyw.jpg

iedz07.jpg

iedz0j.jpg

iedz0w.jpg

[artandcommerce.com]

oh! that first picture is amazing:heart:
what is vignetting, perlefine?
and do i see that pugh-girl there?^_^

What an amazing photographer! She truly knows how to capture the spiritual side of the photography. Although there are no faces in focus the images have a specific feel to them that is really strong and captivating. I have to make a research at Google.

Vogue Italia November 2005
Beauty Supplement
"Red Glam"
Model: Cintia Dicker
Stylist: Keegan Singh

scanned by kokobombon

magazine: Tank volume 5 issue 3 (cover + editorial)
editorial: Doors of Perception
photographer: Jamie Isaia
styling: Chloe Kerman
model: Daiane Conterato.

scanned by mariemaud

magazine: Tank vol. 7 Issue 4
editorial: Red Desert. Another Girl, Another Planet
photographer: Jamie Isaia
styling: Pandora Lennard
hair: Mara Roszak
make-up: Rachel Goodwin
model: Ranya Mordanova