Jason Wu Collection F/W 2024.25 New York

This is quite boring, but he's progressed light years since his beginning.

That last white gown is gorgeous.

A notable shift from last season. Almost an extremely toned down version of it with obvious touches of early Dries, and some Prada.

Still don't mind it, and I welcome the colours and the texture variety. The men's looks didn't need to be in here, and I think a reshuffling of the order and/or styling would have helped make this stronger.

why wasn't the white dress the finale look? and the finale look could've been the first evening look, transitional look into the evening looks, or even one of the first three looks.

the order of the show is off. besides that, it's a solid collection with focus and intent. i see who he is designing for. almost like a modern take on clothes from 79-82 artsy working woman with edge before things got big, fluffy, and even more neon in the '80s.

after all these years, i still am not sure who he is as a designer, but i note and appreciate his progress. maybe deconstruction is his niche. he's moving towards something, not stagnating in a derivative wasteland like some of his contemporaries. good for jason.

Another one of Anna Wintour’s darlings… so old fashioned and stuffy

I thought it was beautiful - yes some of the looks are a bit reminiscent of Erdem last season but it's partly inevitable when two labels occupy a similar niche and THANK GOD for at least one designer at NYFW seeming to care for beauty more than 'coolness'.

This collection really should be seen on video imo - the gold crushed slip moves so intriguingly on the model (as does everything in that material), I would love to feel that material in my hands. Liked the puffy coats too - they look quite elegant.

It's a superb collection, especially when compared to the rest of NYFW so far.

Jason has set himself apart by continuing to focus on fabric development and the construction of the actual garments, instead of chasing after what's considered cool.
I can see a few hints of European designer inspiration here and there, but to me, Jason is way above the likes of PS dudes or even Altuzarra.
What sets him apart is that he was never too literal with his inspiration. He is maybe the only NY designer right now who still has that old American couture spirit.
I wish the press would pay more attention to him than to others who scream louder without much to say.

Dried Van Noten & Yohji Yamamoto….
I mean these are quite new inspirations for a NYFW designer.
It’s very beautiful, very well made, exquisite cut.
I don’t know if it screams personality but it’s always a fresh take on that kind of American conservative style. I think when a CH or ODLR or others similar styles of customers wants a edgy version of that aesthetic, Jason Wu is their man.

His spring 2024 was fabulous. This maybe less but it’s still good.

^ yes, I see beauty and elegance in this collection, not "pretty" which is the trap a lot of clothing of this type falls into, also not stodgy.
It's a bit of a balancing act to do clothes in this style without leaning into that 'Park Avenue ladies who lunch' image but he's done it (and it looks blessedly not like influencer bait either, you know the type from the 'cool' labels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->