Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2015

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Jessica Iredale
With his mood board stocked with images of Dan Flavin’s early work, Jason Wu talked about how the artist’s graphic shapes and bold colors played out in his clothes: a saturated cobalt double-faced cashmere jacket and skirt, and a deep green slip gown with silver micro-geometric beading. But he addressed the collection’s message more succinctly when he pointed out a forest-green leather apron dress that folded around the body like a sleek envelope with delicate yet precise lines. “It’s really about the beauty of the fabric,” said Wu. “It does all the talking.”

The lineup was a seamless fusion of Wu’s fondness for American sportswear with an elegantly spare utilitarianism, perhaps gleaned from the time he’s been clocking as creative director of Hugo Boss. A coated cotton-canvas trench dress came in black with walnut-brown details, and a riff on the classic tuxedo was done in double-face cashmere with wide-leg pants.

wwd.com

This is a really nice collection. Looks like working at Hugo Boss gives him a critical editing eyes. However, I feel like I have seen all of these before from his previous collection. He needs to get out of this zone at some point.

It is a nice staple collection, particularly the stellar leather pieces. Good for him for at least not ripping off Phoebe like his mates Proenza and Prabal and etc. But, it's not anything a woman can't already get from MaxMara to Calvin Klein.

(Trying to figure the Dan Flavin influence in all of this...)

Proenza looks like celine and this looks like Proenza to me.

It's almost like Hugo Boss to me,there is element of Wu but very vague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->