Jason Wu Resort 2010

classicalbang

shake off your flesh
Reaction score
You wouldn’t have guessed it from Jason Wu’s collection of relatively simple uptown wares, but he was inspired by the fabulously eccentric Iris Apfel. “One of her looks became five of my looks,” he explained post-show. The connection, however, was subtle. Wu stuck to his stable of pretty, posh designs: tulip skirts, tweed ensembles and draped chiffon dresses. Highlights included a khaki trench dress and a chiffon-trimmed T-shirt — the latter, Wu noted, he paired with Van Cleef & Arpels bracelets to reflect his muse’s high-low sensibility.
72bztu.jpg
5tt1yx.jpg

1z1wq2r.jpg
am6pow.jpg

bg5l49.jpg
65pxmq.jpg

10fvqtx.jpg
2607cbd.jpg

wwd.com

The colored outfits are quite pretty and fun but the rest is all boring. One of the suits looks like one he has out now.

some unflattering shapes that make me think of something between Valli and Zara... i cant decide...
it's not all bad

he should just package this collection up and bulk mail it to michelle obama. especially those colorful pieces. they are spot-on mobama!

Emilia: please provide a source for post #8 and do not abbreviate sources. please spell out the source for post #9. thanks!

i think to stay commercial and safe is, unfortunately, a good move for him at this point.
what got him here, for us to all know who he is, is michelle obama. he needs to keep his stuff on her body until he gets more of a market for himself. and michelle obama, unfortunately, needs to keep face for the country, wearing less expensive, more conservative things. so all of this is inexpensive and commercial. but if you saw michelle obama in most of it, it would be in people magazine in a spread about how the first lady is todays jackie o.

Except for the last 5 dresses...the rest of this is flat and boring....

He needs to pack up this boring collection and send straight to Michelle Obama

i think to stay commercial and safe is, unfortunately, a good move for him at this point.
what got him here, for us to all know who he is, is michelle obama. he needs to keep his stuff on her body until he gets more of a market for himself. and michelle obama, unfortunately, needs to keep face for the country, wearing less expensive, more conservative things. so all of this is inexpensive and commercial. but if you saw michelle obama in most of it, it would be in people magazine in a spread about how the first lady is todays jackie o.

That highlited statement is such and insult to Jakckie O. lol. I love Michelle Obama to death, shes a strong black woman, but fashion sense is in the toilet! And Im sick of her in that J. Crew timw after time. Michelle its time to put down the J. Crew pick up some J. Mendel lol j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->