Jason Wu S/S 2015 : Karlie Kloss by Inez & Vinoodh

Lifeispeachy

Reaction score
F-jason-wu.jpg
Jason-wu-02.jpg

style.com

Awful hair. And Jason does not really have a face that i'd like to see in an ad campaign.

Yeah, get yourself out of the ad, it's obnoxious and stupid.

He looks like a midget in that shot. Why does he have to be in the campaign? He's not Tom Ford. Poor Karlie getting that hideous haircut.

I was wondering when Karlie would show up in a Jason Wu campaign. The hair is weird but she looks great and so do the clothes. Jason really needs to stop featuring himself in his campaigns, though, it's getting a bit ridiculous. It feels like less of a high end ad and more of a magazine feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Wu campaigns are 1 of the worst I have seen.
Looks like a Terry Richardson Shoot.

I'm surprised they didn't shoot this at Momofuku Milk Bar. It would have been the perfect plug for "Karlie's Kookies" :lol:

So Jason is the newest addition to Tom Ford wannabe gang...

So Jason is the newest addition to Tom Ford wannabe gang...

Only he lacks that Tom Ford sex appeal so this just falls flat. He's the prime example of the new pr designer. Agree with DutchHomme, if I didnt see I&V's credit, wouldve assumed Terry shot this.

What is up with his obsession with restaurants? Every. Season. Is he trying to prove that his customers are the ladies who (don't have) lunch?

Tom Ford is one of those designers who embodies their brand and the lifestyle they're trying to sell (plus he's very handsome). Notice that the food is untouched, it would be cooler and making more sense if they were actually eating it, like a moment of indulgence.

Yeah, Tom Ford is the only designer who can appear in his campaigns. Tom Ford you are not, Jason Wu.

To me it's good not bad but to see Jason himself in the campaign as well is weird. I guess it's become his gimmick.

I like Karlie's hair here. I think she looks sophisticated with these curls. A bit older on someone like her, sure. But not weird, IMO.

it seems very terry richardson in a way ...
("terry richardson" being an adjective meaning cheap sl*t look - you choose to use it the "good" way, or the "bad" way...)

i dont know. the lighting, the girl lying on the bar, the napkins, ...
and i don't know if she's "supposed to be" drunk, but drunk-sl*tty girl, restaurant closing, lying on a man, grabbing his blazer collar ...
not attractive in an ad, on the paper ... but here it looks just like 2 friends posing for an other ... kind of instagram-ish

though i guess the story is: jason wu with his muse having dinner ?

i have absolutely NO idea why this is coming to my mind now, but shooting this at JG Melon would have been better I think ...

oh and i hate the first shot. the bag placement is so obvious ... even karlie isn't comfortable in the pose !

anyway i don't really care ...

ps: why everyone compares him to tom ford ? i don't get it ... because of his character, or work ? that was actually why i wrote here at start .................... because you know Saint-Laurent, even Gaultier appeared in their ads .... right ? i don't think it's someone particular right ...

and i enjoy the hair too ...
very sexy !

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how terrible the logo placement is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->