Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother shot dead in her home

LolaSvelt

Reaction score
CHICAGO (WABC) -- The mother of Oscar winning actress Jennifer Hudson has been killed, according to reports in Chicago.
Investigators said two shooting victims were discovered inside a home belonging to Hudson's mother just before 3:00 this afternoon.
The home is located at 7019 South Yale in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood.
WLS-TV has confirmed that one of the victims was 57-year-old Darnell Hudson.
The other victim was identified as Jennifer's brother, Jason. A cousin who lived nearby discovered the bodies.
The shooting is believed to be domestic, police said.

Source: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6468948

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG :shock: And I do mean oh my god, as only thinking of that make my mind going insane. I dont even know what to write

Wow - oh my. This is the first I heard of it. That is so shocking and sad. All the love to her at this terrible moment.

This is terrible, just TERRIBLE. Reports are also saying that her nephew's missing from the home :cry:

^It's not like she has enough to deal with. How old is her nephew?!

This is just so tragic! :( My thoughts goes to Jennifer and her family and I hope her nephew is alright!

Seven years old :doh: They believe that he was kidnapped.

She's on a private plane back to Chicago now...her wedding is coming up, too :cry: I can't imagine what I would do if this happened to my own family...

Yeah, I read somewhere that there is an amber alert for him. I also heard that the deaths were related to a ransom.

This is stunning, to lose to members of your family at once! Poor Jen...she finally got to be so successful and now has all this tragedy.

Yeah how sad, I just heard about this on E! like 30 or so minutes ago.
I wonder what 'domestic' is referring to exactly. Either way, it's quite unfortunate, my condolences go out to jennifer and the rest of the family.

Yeah how sad, I just heard about this on E! like 30 or so minutes ago.
I wonder what 'domestic' is referring to exactly. Either way, it's quite unfortunate, my condolences go out to jennifer and the rest of the family.
Possibly family-related?

^That comment sounded so silly, I didn't mean it like that. Of course it's family-related.

HOLY CRUD. i checked CNN and read about the sad news. i can't believe it.

from ABC Chicago's news:

Police have confirmed Hudson's mother, Darnell Hudson Donerson, 57, is one of the deceased. The other victim has been identified as Jennifer Hudson's brother, Jason S. Hudson, 29.

The home where the bodies were discovered aruond 3 p.m. Friday is at 7019 S. Yale in Chicago's Englewood neighborhood. Property records indicate the home belongs to Donerson.

A search is underway for a young boy who is missing from the home. A child, possibly Jennifer Hudson's 7-year-old nephew, Julian King, has been missing since Friday morning, according to Area 2 Deputy Chief Joseph Patterson.

Patterson said neighbors reported hearing shot between 8 and 9 a.m.

Police are searching for an SUV that was seen in the area - a 1994 white Suburban, Illinois license plate number X584859.

King may be wearing a tan polo shirt with the number 5 on it and khaki pants.

Patterson said a family member found the body of Donerson in the living room Friday afternoon and left the hose to call police. When authorities arrived, they found Jason Hudson in a bedroom.

Patterson said there was no sign of forced entry.

Jennifer Hudson is a member of Progressive Baptist Church on Chicago's South Side. Despite her daughter's celebrity, Donerson chose to stay and live on the South Side, a decision that did not go unnoticed by the church community.

"That says a lot about the fact of the kind of family Jennifer comes from," said Rev. Willie Davis, Progressive Baptist Church. "They're a family of faith. They want to be attached to their roots. And that's just the sign of the nature of their relationship with God."

Church leaders say they have been told that Jennifer Hudson is flying home to Chicago from Tampa.

Tragic and Criminally Insane

My deepest sympathy :heart:, prayers and love goes out to Jennifer Hudson and her family in this sorrowful time of transition. I agree...it leaves me speechless:cry:

Wow! I was so shocked by this story, poor Jennifer.<3

Motherf**king HELL!

Has 2008 been a terrible, terrible year for celebs so far, or what?

i don't know what this world is coming to. I feel so bad for her , she has all the positive things in her life and now this :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benrobertson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->