Jerome Dreyfuss New Era

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Jerome Dreyfuss is just another 'casualty' of the current crisis in 'indie designerland'
like many of his peers, he left pret-a-porter behind and now re-emerges as an accessories designer
here a look for fw04.05 and some more info on where to find his new line
first_class1_big.jpg
Since he abandoned his ready-to-wear collection in 2002 to focus on his accessories line, Jerome Dreyfuss' utility bags have been a standout at Premiere Classe. A few seasons later, his collection has strategically expanded. He's kept to a limited number of shapes (ringo,bandit, weva,bobi, bonnie, clyde and yodi) mixing leather, quilted jersey, satin, and velvet in rich maroon, tabac, and chocolate colors to create some of the coolest bags around. Trendy doesn't exactly define them — they just seem right. The brand sells at Onward in Tokyo, Oxygene in Miami, and Printemps in Paris

photo and article from jcreport :flower:

I was looking at one of his past collections last night actually,and wondered where he has been. I certainly hope this will help garner enough money for him to continue with his clothing line in the future...real shame too because I think he had a very bright future of what I saw last.

Its terrible,what's going on now with indie designers in Paris and Antwerp;some real significant talents are having some sort of financial trouble or have gone bankrupt. I hope this pattern changes real soon because Paris really hasn't had a real strong,inspiring season a for a couple of seasons now.

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 28th, 2004 - 3:58 pm

Its terrible,what's going on now with indie designers in Paris and Antwerp;some real significant talents are having some sort of financial trouble or have gone bankrupt. I hope this pattern changes real soon because Paris really hasn't had a real strong,inspiring season a for a couple of seasons now.
telling me scott... :cry: :ninja:

i like that bag a lot...it's very cool...thx lena...

and i have to say,scott...that i was actually inspired by paris this season for the first time in a long time...mostly b/c i think the clothes will sell...which is the beginning of the turnaround for everyone...

we're on our way to recovery....i think we may still lose a few more designers before it's all over...but the passionate, dedicated ones usually find a way to come back... :flower:

Oh there was some good stuff in Paris this season,don't get me wrong. Just that the field has become so depleted without some of the great talents some of us are so fond of and found truly inspiring. Those talents really helped round everything out for the Paris season...now it looks too one-sided.

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 28th, 2004 - 6:19 pm
we're on our way to recovery..
passionate, dedicated ones usually find a way to come back... :flower:
keeping fingers crossed :blush:

:o
This is frightening...as a fashion student due to start working in the industry early next year, I am having a moment where I question my decision to turn my passion into a career.

If indie designers are really getting out...where does that leave all these people who are currently studying fashion. Geez, this topic surely doesnt come up during the school admissions process!

dont worry too much marimoda,
this too shall pass, be optimistic
by the time you will finish school,
there will be a new reality,
things are changing too quickly

Originally posted by marrimoda@Mar 28th, 2004 - 1:26 pm
:o
This is frightening...as a fashion student due to start working in the industry early next year, I am having a moment where I question my decision to turn my passion into a career.

If indie designers are really getting out...where does that leave all these people who are currently studying fashion. Geez, this topic surely doesnt come up during the school admissions process!
i'm sorry marrimoda...don't be scared...if it's your passion, then you've made the right decision..but i can't tell you it won't be tough...better to be prepared for what's coming...it's very tough...and the competition is fierce...get ready...you'll do great! :flower:

Ditto. Everything is whirlwind in fashion....nothing ever remains the same so one must keep the faith and follow to your own instincts and passion. That's why indies are sometimes synonymous with purity because those things,no matter the climate or situation of the business,are the driving force of design.

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 28th, 2004 - 7:58 am

very true :cry: :heart:

I agree with you guys :cry: , I, too, am keeping my fingers crossed. :flower:

Thanks for posting Lena! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->