Jil Sander shoes

beauxgoris

Reaction score
I love her oxfords, boots and lace ups - not sure how her shoes run though. I've heard large and that I should size down. Can anyone advise?

its not a she anymore, its Raf Simons who designs for the label now, owned by prada. just want to straighten the facts out ;-), regardless, the shoes and boots imo run small. i had a pair of pointy toe oxfords and they were very narrow but the crepe sole boots i have and wear quite a bit run true, so honestly you need to try on the style since there is no consistency. why dont you post the ones that you like and are considering, we would love to see them.

I have a pair of heels and they run small (and from trying JS heels in the past, they've always been a bit smallish). But my flats I got from last season run true to size.

Thank you for the info luckyme. These are the shoes I was talking about. I'm a 7.5 and ordered in a 37.5 instead of a 38. Hope they fit!

Picture4-33.png

Picture3-42.png

Picture2-52.png

Picture617-28-20.png

photo credit: lagarconne.com

The information about fit is very interesting. I was researching JS shoes because I had my eyes on a pair of heels but I found couple of reviews that said apart from the sizing being off and it is better to try them on, the shoes are not very comfortable. So, when you get your shoes (I keep my fingers crossed and hope they fit you) would you please share about the comfort? TIA

I sure will. I asked this question on another board and everyone seemed to say they ran either TTS or large (or at least her oxfords did). I hope I purchased the correct size. I'll report back when they arrive hopefully tomorrow or tuesday.

i really hope they fit you because they are beautiful. the right balance of feminine and masculine.

They arrived! The 37.5 was the correct size to buy. They remind me of Rachel Comey shoes/boots in that they are narrow in the toe box, but very true to length. I think the 38 would have been too long, especially since I plan on wearing them with tights or thin socks only.

It's funny: when I purchased two weeks ago you could buy them in 1/2 sizes - but when I went back to the website to look at them again you can now only whole sizes so I'm glad I purchased the 37.5 when I could. They were so hard to find.

luckyme - I think you're totally right: I loved the masculine look - but with a feminine twist.

^^so glad you managed to pick the right fit!

i only have one pair of jil sander shoes - a pair of flats - but found that they run a bit small (i ordered them online, I'm a 7.5 and I ordered a 38) and though they've broken in a little bit i don't see it getting a whole lot better

i've had to wear bandaids on my heels every time i wear them, which hasn't been ideal but they're so pretty it would be a shame if they just sat in my closet

despite the rubbing my heels a bit raw thing i'm very happy with them :P

^^I'm planning on stocking up on band-aids my first outing in them too. They're really stiff shoes - hopefully they'll break in well.

its not a she anymore, its Raf Simons who designs for the label now, owned by prada.
true- but prada hasn't owned the company for awhile now...
they sold it in 2006 and then it was sold again in 2008...
it is now owned by Onward Holdings, a japanese multibrand fashion company

i happen to think that the footwear has been quite good since Onward took over...
i like the shoes posted here...

very cool thanks for the correction, didnt realize that but it makes sense in line with the changes i have seen.

I own this pair by Jil Sander

img-thing

Source: mytheresa.com

They run a bit smaller.

I'm a 37.5 in high heels. I'm a 37 in this pair. so halft size down :smile: (I also have narrow feet)

I love this pair! And they are comfortable :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->