Jonas Brother Vow of Chastity....

LUXXX

Reaction score
Perez Hilton & Details Magazine...

Oh, boy. We hope this doesn't come back to haunt them.

The Jonas Brothers are pulling a Britney!

The teen pop sensations have taken a vow of chastity. PUBLICLY.

That's right, Kevin, Nick and Joe are boldly (and admirably) proclaiming that they plan to stay virgins until marriage.

They talk to Details magazine about their vow to remain sex-free until they wed.

On a quiet Friday morning in a dressing room at Madison Square Garden, the Jonas Brothers hold out their hands to show off their purity rings. Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas—the teen-pop trio who stand, at this very moment, on the brink of hugeness—wear the metal bands on their fingers to symbolize, as Joe puts it, "promises to ourselves and to God that we'll stay pure till marriage." Joe is 18. His ring is silver and adorned with a cross. "It actually ripped apart a little bit, just on the bottom, here, but I didn't want to get a new one, because this one means so much to me," he says. Nick, who is 15, says, "I got mine made at Disney World. It's pretty awesome." Kevin, at 20, is the oldest of the three, and while a punk-rock purity ring from Tiffany might represent the ultimate oxymoron, that's exactly what he's going for. His silver vow of abstinence is covered with studs. "It's pretty rock and roll," Kevin says. "It's getting banged up a little bit because of the guitar."
Well...this is interesting...:shock:

Why do people publicly state this type of stuff? Who actually needs to know this?

So I guess January 16th meant nothing to either of them:(

They got rings and all I got was an outbreak of herpes.:angry:

I'm all for waiting for the right person, which in most cases means waiting for a while, but the whole purity ring thing is just not my scene. Do you really need to wear jewelry to remind yourself not to get laid? Really?

I'm all for waiting for the right person, which in most cases means waiting for a while, but the whole purity ring thing is just not my scene. Do you really need to wear jewelry to remind yourself not to get laid? Really?

I have a seen a ton of people recently who wear those purity rings around campus and actually openly discuss it, especially guys. It always surprises me, maybe it shouldn't...

I've never heard of the Jonas brothers, but IMO if you're going to make a decision to stay virgins until marriage, it's much better and tastefully done without the rings.

I mean yeah, it's great that they are doing purity rings and so forth-I have one-it's going to be interesting to see if they really hold up. And I'm not talking about the rings.

It's just another reason for them to be idolized by their millions of fans, so maybe the fans can say "Oh em gee, so-and-so is saving himself for marriage. That's so cute." as they drool from their braces.

well I can respect their attempt and desire to remain virgins especially while in the music industry.

I don't know how long Brit lasted, but two of these brothers are older than me, and if they've already made it that far, they might actually be able to pull it off methinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->