Jonathan Saunders S/S 11 London

Lots of repetition. JS just switches around the prints and colors. I do know that this happens a lot in collections but other designers do a better job of differentiating the individual pieces. It just seems a little too noticeable to me right now. Still though, overall I think it's a good, well-rounded collection and I'm sure it will sell well.

Beautiful colour palette, airy and breezy clothes oozing with summer mood.
I really enjoyed this collection.

A bland collection of very wearable, obviously pretty clothes.
I love Jonathan, but this is a bit too basic for me.

finally, an actual ss collection. i feel like i can still see the glaring sun and feel the summer breeze looking at this. very basic indeed but there are some lovely dresses

i love this collection as much as i loved the prabal gurung collection in new york. seriously, i know minimalism exists as a trend line in the current season and i know a subplot of seventies' revitalization has tried to assert itself, but the stuff that prabal gurung and jonathan saunders have put out this season feels so fresh and so right with the way women of all stripes actually live. it's easy, it's colorful, and it's optimistic. specifically, i love how it's not just dresses but also lovely separates that women can collect and mix on their own terms. i cannot wait for the editorials that will mash up this collection with prabal's and all of the great neon accessories we're seeing elsewhere.

this is a remarkable outing because it not only shows his growth as a designer (these colors are much softer/different and the techniques are new for him), but also how in tune he is with the moment.

I think it was his AW09/10 that really switched me on to JS but for me he's not come close since.

I think the palette is on and yes there's a nice weight but I just wonder if the silhouettes seem a bit tired? We've probably seen enough of that X silhouette in recent seasons and while I'm willing to change my mind I don't see too much of that for this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->