Height: 6'1
Suit: 38R
Shirt: 15X34
Waist: 30
Inseam: 34
Shoe: 10.5
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Show Package – New York S/S 13: Ford (Men)

25_Joseph_Dolce.jpg

26_Joseph_Dolce.jpg

models.com

VMan #28 Winter 2012 : Joseph Dolce by Mario Sorrenti

OVER READY: Male models tend to get short shrift compared to their female counterparts, but VMan shines a spotlight on a batch of new faces each year. The magazine awards a cover to the winner of its annual VMan/Ford Models competition and this year’s winner is Joseph Dolce, a 22-year-old boxer from Oceanside, N.Y., who had never set foot in a photo studio before landing the prize. The cover, shot by Mario Sorrenti, hits newsstands next week. Previous winners and runners-up have scored campaigns with brands like Calvin Klein, Versace, Saint Laurent, Jil Sander and Uniqlo.

“We were hoping to do [a competition] that had true relevance in the fashion industry,” said Stephen Gan, editor in chief and creative director of VMan. “What a joy it is to see someone like Matt Terry’s face on a Calvin Klein billboard on Broadway and Houston, a few months after he’s discovered on a VMan cover.”

Only unsigned newcomers are eligible for the contest and the magazine receives several thousand entrants on vman.com and fordmodels.com each year.
wwd.com

VMan/Ford Models search winner!

NAME Joseph Dolce
AGE 22
HOMETOWN Oceanside, NY
ASTROLOGICAL SIGN Cancer
WHAT DO YOU DO OUTSIDE OF MODELING? I’m in the dental field as a salesman for equipment.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT FASHION? I like how fashion is always changing yet it repeats itself from time to time, so you get to see a style you might have seen growing up brought back. It helps you think of that time in your life. Fashion is powerful, it’s an art form, and I would love to be one of the lucky few who get to express themselves through that work.
WHY WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN THE VMAN/FORD MODEL SEARCH? I would like the opportunity to be able to express myself through fashion. Being a model would allow me to show my artistic side.

Facebook/VMAN, vman.com via Flashbang

A DAY IN THE LIFE

PHOTOGRAPHY Phillippe Vogelenzang
FASHION TOM VAN DORPE
TEXT MARTIN HAMERY

MEET JOE DOLCE, THIS YEAR’S VMAN & FORD MODEL SEARCH WINNER, AS HE SHOWS US AROUND HIS HOME TURF IN OCEANSIDE, NEW YORK

“Fashion is powerful. It’s an art form,” says model search winner Joseph “Joe” Dolce. A 22-year-old former dental equipment salesman, Dolce entered the model search hoping to find an opportunity to express himself creatively. “Being a model allows me to show my artistic side. I get to step out of my comfort zone and broaden my horizons.” Having just recently become interested in fashion, Dolce enjoys trends that hit close to home. “I really love the James Dean vibe. I was born and raised in Long Island, so I grew up on pinky rings and gel.”

Dolce lives in Oceanside, New York—“The Dirty O,” he calls it—a place where everyone knows everyone. His mother is a hairdresser in a neighboring town and his stepfather taught him how to play golf when he was 10, which he’s been passionate about ever since. Joe developed a penchant for individual sports because when you lose “there’s no one to blame but yourself.” Dolce spends much of his time with his two pit bulls, Bella and Maximus. “Pit bulls aren’t bad dogs,” he says. “They can be big mushes.”

Dolce reps his heritage by wearing a tattoo of his last name on his chest, and describes his Italian family as “big, loud, and ridiculous, with sauce every Sunday. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

CREDITS

PHOTOGRAPHY Phillippe Vogelenzang FASHION TOM VAN DORPE

Grooming Laura de Leon for Cutler/Redken (Joe Management) Model Joseph Dolce (Ford NY) photo assistant Emilio Garcia Hernandez Video Director Cycy Sanders stylist assistants Carrie Weidner, Pablo Marcus Bien, Fleur Hoogeveen Special thanks Martin Carvajal Carrie Weidner Assistant Director Adam Rossmann Styling Julien Alleyne Hair & Make up Rebecca Robles Special thanks to The Bowery House
vman.com

Show Package – New York F/W 13: FORD

models

VMAN #29 S/S 2013
Geometry Evolved
Photographer:
Sharif Hamza
Stylist: Tom Van Dorpe
Models: Pascal Bonvie, Bastian Thiery, Malcolm de Ruiter, Joseph Dolce, Jester White, Satoshi Toda, Florian Neuville, Jamie Wise, Dae Na, Simon Meervenne, Max von Isser, Pascal de Wolff & Otto Pierce
Grooming: Benjamin Puckey
Hair: Cim Mahoney

issuu.com

Numero Homme #25 S/S 2013
Nuit Marine
Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
Styling: Serge Girardi
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make-Up: Hugo Villard

relay via Mat Cyruss

Italian American Joseph Dolce is a true New Yorker and was signed back in summer 2012 after winning the VMAN/Ford Model Search.
As a result Joseph’s first job was a cover shoot for VMAN with Mario Sorrenti no less!
Since then Golf loving Joseph has shot for top mags including VMAN (again), Hercules Universal, Numéro Homme and Purple Fashion.

Full Name: Joseph James Dolce
Birth date: July 9th 89 thank God i’m an 80s baby!
Birthplace: New York not sure where exactly lemme ask…. MOMMMMM!
Ethnic Origin: Italian and my dad was part Greek
Nickname: Dulch to my friends but my mom calls me ‘pain in the ***’
How were you scouted: My step dad sent in pics to Ford and I was unaware of the VMAN competition and luckily it was right place right time – thanks pop!
What’s your best feature: Pshh wow uhh I would say my jaw – cliché much?
Favourite grooming product: Crew – i’ve been only using Crew Pomade and Boost Powder for a few years
Hobbies: Golf Golf Golf and if I have the time GOLF! And some videos games, i’m nerdy in that sense
Fitness Regime: No weight lifting it swells me up too much! A ton of pull ups, sit-ups and a minimum 100 push ups a day – I like to keep that constant pump feeling
Favourite Movie: Goodfellas “Look at me you took your first pinch like a man and you learned the 2 greatest things in life never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut“
What was the last track you listened to on your iPod?: Deadmau5-Arcadia
Do you have any Guilty Pleasures?: Candy, ice cream, shoes, beautiful women. The basics…
What is your dream place to visit?: Africa – yes I watch too much National Geographic
If you were not modeling, what would you be doing?: Battle rapper! Or acting which ever comes to me first
If you got to relive one day in your modeling career it would be…: The day I shot for the VMAN 28 cover, it was all such a blur I remember nothing
If you could be on the cover of any magazine, it would be: GQ, Vogue or Dazed and Confused – total toss up between them
What’s the funniest thing that has happened to you on a shoot?: Shooting with Karl Lagerfeld for Numero Homme magazine on the streets of Paris. An onlooker passing by was so focused on us shooting she walked into a pole hahahahaha i just relived it in my head, just too funny!!
What’s your favorite fashion city and why?: I’m in London (as we speak) for the first time. Easily my favorite, there’s a very unique sense of fashion here almost punk meets hipster with some hip hop thrown in – just love it!
Who are your idols?: Anytime I get this question it’s always gunna be the same anwser… my mom
What was the last dream you remember?: I got into a verbal dispute with a carnival ride operator because he wouldn’t let me ride the spinning cups with my pet jaguar. Freakin carnies!
One word to describe yourself: Incomparable
Twitter Name: @JosephDolce
Instagram Name: @JosephDolce – I know i’m so hard to find, I like to keep a low profile
How much money would you need to shave your hair off? How much you got?

ftape.com

DSection magazine
Ph: Danielle Levitt
St: Nicola Formichetti

fordmodelsblog.com

DSection #11 Spring / Summer 2014
Photographer: Danielle Levitt
Stylist: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Edward Lampley
Makeup: Walter Obal / Atelier Management
Models: Joseph / Ford, Tyler / Q, Tanner / Q, Bre / Q, Jamily / Q, Gabriel / DNA, Ashley / Boss, Tony / Request, Simon / Request

ateliermanagement

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->