Juicy Couture F/W 2015: Taylor Hill and Romee Strijid by Mert and Marcus

jssy4eva

Reaction score
cG5M1oz.jpg

NEW LOOK FOR JUICY: Juicy Couture Black Label is setting off in a new direction for its fall ads. The campaign, dubbed “Couture Nouveau,” was photographed by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott. Models Taylor Hill and Romee Strijd were styled by Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele.
Rather than go on location as in previous seasons, the two models pose in front of a white seamless background, which contrasts the collection’s mod rock ‘n’ roll vibe, vivid hues and mod silhouettes. The Juicy Couture brand is now owned by Authentic Brands Group, which acquired the brand from Fifth & Pacific Cos. in October 2013 for $195 million. Juicy Couture Black Label Collection is available in approximately 200 Juicy Couture stores, Juicy Couture outlets and select department stores in approximately 60 countries.
The campaign will break in the fall issues of V Magazine, Vogue Paris, Love Magazine and Porter Magazine. It will also be augmented with a socially driven influencer initiative called “Couture Confessions,” launching in mid-September. The program will feature industry “It” girls, stylists, editors, photographers and bloggers, giving a glimpse into their glamorous lifestyles, and sharing how they immerse themselves in the “couture” lifestyle.
The ads showcase women’s apparel, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, watches and eyewear. ABG officials declined to reveal the fall budget.

Plus two more images:

NwwfUT0.jpg
kZHulWN.jpg

wwd

Love it. Of course, there is nothing even remotely new, but I'm so sick of brands pretending to be things they're not (at ALL), and this is very refeshing, honestly. Even if the facial expressions are the same in every photo. Just a bit of gloss and tacky, boring clothes. :heart:

Styling was hideous in those first shots. Their expression isn't doing it for me. Both look gorgeous, however, in the first close up shot.

It looks too cheap to be M&M. What was wrong with I&V? I loved their campaigns.

A waste of Romee, if you ask me. It looks very teen. M&M isn't my favourite, but this doesn't look like their work.

I'd consider this as a presentation of the new angels to the "high fashion" level, even tho this is not HF.
Great for Romee and Taylor working with M&M

Looks like the blond & brunette Barbie...

They went from Edita to this... this looks like a Moschino ad campaign. I just can't stop seeing the Moschino logo working here. This will look perfect for Teen Vogue, but out of place beside other mainline campaigns

Inez & Vinoodh was perfect for them. They made the brand look fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly, they were doing so well, campaign-wise in the last couple years...

this is grotesque

bad ads great casting

they should have shot it outside

Good casting.
Eye wear shot is fantastic!

Some of the shots look a bit VS catalog. :(
Wish they went outdoor to shoot this campaign instead of a white background.

I think finally the company embraces their image, they're not trying hard to be chic or sophisticated. The images encompass everything that JC is to me: trashy, pink, glossy, teenager, sweats as regular clothes with dog in bag included.

This looks very juvenile, but I do like the eyewear shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarawilliams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->