Julien Macdonald S/S 07 london

liberty33r1b said:
most of the dresses are really nice....and that bag in the second pic!

The bags were by Judith Lieber, the jewellery by deGrisogono and the shoes by Gina for Julien Macdonald. LA stylist Rachel Zoe styled the show and looked very thin (all she consumed was Diet Coke and guess who scoured the Park Lane Hilton for one when they ran out backstage hehe). I think people expecting high-concept, high-fashion fashion from Julien are a little misguided and he meets his client base well. Come on, Paris Hilton modelled in the last one, were you expecting Comme des Garcons???

Seriously though, I take interest in the complete landscape of fashion and although I feel Macdonald makes pretty clothes rather than conceives 'fashion', he is not to be derided for that (ignored or thought of as irrelevant maybe, but each to their own I suppose).

I have to say that this stuff is not particularly what interests me, but the show is always unashamed camp fun, and sometimes, some of us need a bit of that. Julien's high profile, if some are confused why the show always get such wide press, is thanks to hefty sponsorship from L'Oreal, Swarovski, DeGrisogono and a whole host of others. He is having fun, so are his ladies, and who are we to argue with that?

It's cheesy, and I love it. I've never been one for so much glitter, but some of the dresses are lovely.

he is one designer that loves to dress glam sexy woman, season after season. same old same old....

OUCH!!

'Julien Macdonald does high - but he doesn't touch low; and that is the problem with his collections. For all the supple glamour of his ink blue satin draped dresses or even cocktail shorts, Macdonald has never learned to take his Hollywood dreams off the red carpet.

Sure there were shorts and shirts, but the kind his adoring Russian clients might don for posing round a Monte Carlo pool. Add bold Grisogono jewels and the show spun merrily along without an ounce of English irony. There is no arguing with Macdonald's technical skills after his stint in Paris couture at Givenchy. He knows how to drape the folds of a goddess gown and to make a minidress as light as patisserie. But where is the thumb print that defines the designer's image, once the stardust floating down from chandeliers is swept away?'

Review from Suzy Menkes (IHT)

juice major said:
OUCH!!

'Julien Macdonald does high - but he doesn't touch low; and that is the problem with his collections. For all the supple glamour of his ink blue satin draped dresses or even cocktail shorts, Macdonald has never learned to take his Hollywood dreams off the red carpet.​

Sure there were shorts and shirts, but the kind his adoring Russian clients might don for posing round a Monte Carlo pool. Add bold Grisogono jewels and the show spun merrily along without an ounce of English irony. There is no arguing with Macdonald's technical skills after his stint in Paris couture at Givenchy. He knows how to drape the folds of a goddess gown and to make a minidress as light as patisserie. But where is the thumb print that defines the designer's image, once the stardust floating down from chandeliers is swept away?'​

Review from Suzy Menkes (IHT)​

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... I love Suzy Menkes!

Having said this, I am expressing neither positive or negative feelings toward macdonald, I like the energy his shows have, and the clothes are rarely offensive (try to NOT want at least one of the furs from this autumn's line...thought so!), also there is a reason why the top fashion press (British at least) come time and again every season... even Michael Roberts was sitting there reading -the book about Saint Laurent and Lagerfeld and Paris in the 70s, must have it- like an hour before it was even DUE to start. By the end of the week, it was nice to have an easy, no nonsense *FUN* show, and I suppose it served as a transition to the high glamour of Milan...unless they too have finally got swept along with the rest on a 70s/early 90s ugly/bulky/layered/grungy/clompy bender.... I'm not talking to you Raf at Jil Sander...love you.x

Or college :P

And I luv Suzy too. Frankly I don't care much for his design. But it just pleases me when I read Suzy's review!! Phew...thank god it was somewhat negative.

:heart:

My sister's friend works for Julien Macdonald, there are some nice pieces in the collection, Lily looks amazing.

i hate to say but it actually IS better than i expected.. i feared the worst and wasnt even tempted to seeing this topic!

its styled by Rachel Zoe, no?

either way, i find the designer himself so revolting. i dont even know how rachel zoe ever heard of him?

Models @ Julien Macdonald show [London Fashion Week], 22 Sep. 2006
hollywoodsbest.net

liberty33r1b said:
most of the dresses are really nice....and that bag in the second pic!

The one thing I like in the whole collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->