Just like Marie-Antoinette

PrinceOfCats

Naturellement pulpeuse
Reaction score
Marie-Antoinette perfume revived

_42344795_bottle203.jpg
The "royal" perfume comes with an aristocratic price tag

The palace of Versailles is set to launch a perfume based on the fragrance once used by Marie-Antoinette.
The perfume, which is based on the original composition unearthed by a historian, will be sold only to order.
A 25ml bottle of M.A. Sillage de la Reine perfume will sell for 350 euros (£236; $463), the palace says.
A limited prestige version of 10 25cl crystal bottles will sell for 8,000 euros each. Proceeds will be used to buy a travel chest she once owned.
Austrian-born Marie-Antoinette (1755-1793) was married to King Louis XVI of France and had a reputation for lavish tastes. She was executed by guillotine at the height of the French Revolution.
She has come back into fashion of late following a recent biography by the UK's Lady Antonia Fraser and the ensuing film directed by Sofia Coppola released this summer.
Visitors have been flocking to Trianon, Marie-Antoinette's retreat in Versailles, which was reopened this summer and is now among the palace's star attractions.
Royal scent
_42345297_marie203i.jpg
Marie-Antoinette was known for her extravagant tastes

Historian Elizabeth de Feydeau discovered the authentic formulas used by the former queen's perfumer Jean-Louis Fargeon.
The scent - to be launched on Thursday - was developed by French perfumer Francis Kurkdjian, who combined the ingredients after detailed research.
The perfume is said to adhere to the 18th-Century custom of combining "100% natural primary materials" and is "intensely floral".
It combines various scents including rose, iris, jasmine, orange blossom and sandalwood.

www.bbc.co.uk

I wonder what it smells like...shame about the price tag though

gosh, she looks like alien in that picture lol

Oooh how fabulous! I would just LOVE to smell it. Would you order it directly from the Palace of Versailles?

oh gosh it smells just like Bal a versailles this tag is about $90

P958846.jpg

Ooo, how curious. I'm dying to get a sniff of that....just to see what Marie-Antoinette smelled like a few hundred years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is horribly strong and overbearing....considering they didn't take as many baths back then :wink:

I guess the perfume-maker and/or palace aren't handing out itty-bitty samples? Love to get my hands on one :blush:

it certainly sounds intriguing.. hope it's not too intensely floral..since they weren't too keen on showers back in the day. or so i heard. -_-

That old perfume musta smelled musty when they opened it. Eau de Must

The bottle is pretty. I like the simplicity of it. But I bet I couldn't handle the smell. :yuk:

I want this.

I love all things MA....and what a unique fragrance to have.

I just recently started collecting fragrances. I need to get a hold of more obscure ones.

Oh, that's amazing. It would be a bit like traveling back in time to have the same sensory experience of smelling that purfume that everyone in contact with MA would have had. The bottle is quite pretty, also.

Im reading "Perfume: A Story of a Murderer" and it's making me want to make my own fragrances so bad.

Thierry Mugler made a fragrance wardrobe to tie in with the release of the movie on this book. It's also way over priced.

http://www.perfume.thierrymugler.com/us/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->