JW Anderson S/S 2021 London

I loved the clothes of course I wanted to see this on a runway. Btw does anyone know if the Loewe show is gonna live on a runway or virtual?

It’s funny, I didn’t mind the clothing. I actually thought it has a youthful energy to it. I saw some reference to Rei’s sack silhouette which was tasteful. My only complaint is that it was so hard to fully gather what was being shown with such tiny pictures that only display the front. How can you show a collection in this format!?!? We cannot see the full proportions, backlines or movement! It was different, but it is almost unfair to provide a critique of a collection this visually appealing when you can only see half the garment.

The clothes are quite meh to me, looks like a collection of recycled looks. JW's clothes also often look better in motion so I don't think that this presentation does them any justice.

…:sigh:.. This person has never impressed me with anything he does; not with his overwrought scrapyard of heavy bolsters masquerading as clothing; not his creepy menswear that infantilizes men; and definitely not his insufferable, grossly-hypocritical attitude when it comes to ripping off others while he bellyaches about being ripped off. So not surprising the same contrived and forced whimsy for this presentation— so desperate to be cheeky and playful (bow down to Jeremy’s Moschino to see how to do cheeky and playful with limitless charm so effortlessly), but really just ends being exactly a dull studio shoot, no matter how wrapped up in an overwrought presentation it is LOL

If he shot the collection in the studio— with real models, then what’s the point of presenting them as paper dolls??? Again: Overwrought, overdone, overdesigned and just over over over, as usual with him. He's so easy to loathe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->