JW Anderson S/S 2025 London

The only thing I was thinking of during this show was that Sean McGirr will present his second collection for McQueen...
Those peplum dresses aren't far off from what Sean has been trying to make happen at McQueen for 2 seasons already.

Overall, typical JW 7 silhouettes repeated and the lack of pants kinda says he's given up on that category.

God knows I enjoy his menswear at both JWA and Loewe, but I will NEVER like his womenswear. Ever.

It always feels like a forced exercise for him, with close to no point of view for each collection. Scrolling through those looks I can't help but wonder who is she meant to be. The answer is no one, because there is nobody here. It's a bunch of fabric placed on models treated as mannequins.

Searing hot, never-seen-before silhouettes...

As usual several run-to-the-boutique pieces...

Nobody is touching this

My husband actually found of the dresses a good reference for one of his Carnival costumes… I guess that summarizes everything lol.

I…Like it.
To be accurate, I like most of it.
It’s good commercial clothes with some non-sense pretentious silhouettes thrown around.
I think the minidresses or elongated tops, their sequined version and the knitwear are good.
The bags are cool too.
I like the bomber sweater.

I think the « edgy » thing is a posture for JWA. That’s why ultimately his work for Loewe is superior.
Loewe is commercial but there’s a creative value, a POV. JWA pretends to have a creative value when it’s just pure commerce.

I also think that because it’s doing fairly good, he doesn’t put so much effort in it. The brand has a good image, is relatively low-key despite the high profile of the designer so it’s minimum effort.

does he and daniel lee have sniffing sessions together?? he looks high as a kite in that aftershow interview. that letter dress was already done better by galliano as newspaper dress.

as for the collection i dont know whats going on and why its going on. its like a fashion student wanted to pay tribute to nicolas' louis vuitton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->