JW Anderson S/S 2025 London

Technically, I like it because, in theory, the world is a much more enjoyable and beautiful place when JWA puts his pretentiousness aside and his artistic ideas are limited by commercial common sense and taste. But this feels bland and sometimes borderline soulless, which is very strange. The pieces I like are the leather ones, but only because they remind me of the great fashion the 2010s offered us (PP being the obvious reference).

He looks wasted. And the collection too.

The digital prints reminded me of Mary Katrantzou heydays (now that her brand is gone; and she is doing God knows what at Bulgari) ...

I…Like it.
To be accurate, I like most of it.
It’s good commercial clothes with some non-sense pretentious silhouettes thrown around.
I think the minidresses or elongated tops, their sequined version and the knitwear are good.
The bags are cool too.
I like the bomber sweater.

I think the « edgy » thing is a posture for JWA. That’s why ultimately his work for Loewe is superior.
Loewe is commercial but there’s a creative value, a POV. JWA pretends to have a creative value when it’s just pure commerce.

I also think that because it’s doing fairly good, he doesn’t put so much effort in it. The brand has a good image, is relatively low-key despite the high profile of the designer so it’s minimum effort.
Yes I agree, I'm not crazy about his designs but that's personal, I like the more sexy looks hope he continues in that direction. Some of the oversized jackets are kind of great too great for the showroom but not too blase

The opening dresses look like a very good version of "fun night out on the town". Everything else looks like "what are you wearing..." and "why would you wear that".

Good for them, getting out of the house and all, right?

Of all the emerging designers that made it to the very top of the industry, it baffles me the most how JW Anderson made it there, what the industry and customers saw in him that sparked excitement in them. What was he giving to fashion that wasn’t there before, whom did he best at the time?

I look at his runway shows since years and have no idea who is that boy or girl he is dressing and who feels the excitement of his little trompe l'oeil tricks he’s playing like the amen in church every season. Printing a grey marl hoodie on a satin shift has got to be the lowest-of-low in terms of design!

Of all the emerging designers that made it to the very top of the industry, it baffles me the most how JW Anderson made it there, what the industry and customers saw in him that sparked excitement in them. What was he giving to fashion that wasn’t there before, whom did he best at the time?

I look at his runway shows since years and have no idea who is that boy or girl he is dressing and who feels the excitement of his little trompe l'oeil tricks he’s playing like the amen in church every season. Printing a grey marl hoodie on a satin shift has got to be the lowest-of-low in terms of design!
Lucky person, When he worked at shop in Dublin, then met Manuela Pavesi. She gave stylist task him about Prada. She liked. Then in London by chance in a Prada boutique she met her again and she remembered him, he had already studied design then. She always supported him.

Lucky person, When he worked at shop in Dublin, then met Manuela Pavesi. She gave stylist task him about Prada. She liked. Then in London by chance in a Prada boutique she met her again and she remembered him, he had already studied design then. She always supported him.
But it’s not all.
I think he has a great sense of commerce and he understand his time.
When you look at his collections, beyond the clickbait non-sense, it’s pure gold merchandise.

I think Jacquemus and him are actually very similar. Jacquemus is maybe less « cerebral », more instinctive but he has the same sense of commerce. Adrien Joffe is Jacquemus’s mentor as much as Manuela was JWA’s.

What has elevated Jonathan’s profile is Loewe. He proved himself as a fashion force there, because his brand hasn’t had a defining collection in years. And that’s what is missing for Jacquemus now. The hype around his brand will die a little bit. A Chanel job where he could prove himself as a designer could change the trajectory of his own brand.

These ↓ give off bad "Rei Kawakubo for Target" vibes...

https___uk.hypebeast.com_files_2024_09_jw-anderson-spring-summer-2025-london-fashion-week-mens...pnghttps___uk.hypebeast.com_files_2024_09_jw-anderson-spring-summer-2025-london-fashion-week-mens...pnghttps___uk.hypebeast.com_files_2024_09_jw-anderson-spring-summer-2025-london-fashion-week-mens...pnghttps___uk.hypebeast.com_files_2024_09_jw-anderson-spring-summer-2025-london-fashion-week-mens...png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->