Kanye West for APC

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
huffingtonpost...

Last month, W Magazine's profile of the rapper teased "his new men’s capsule collection of jeans, T-shirts, and hoodies for a hip French brand, to be unveiled in July." Rumors swirled that Kanye was working with A.P.C., the Jean Touitou-helmed brand favored by hip Parisians and those who wish to dress like them. A.P.C. confirmed the collaboration on Instagram and on their website this morning, teasing a pair of blue jeans labeled "A.P.C. KANYE." The succinct caption? "A.P.C. KANYE CAPSULE COLLECTION, JULY 14. #apc #kanyewest"
Complex points out more Instagram proof, as Kanye's friend Travi$ Scott posted the same image with text we found to be a bit more revealing:
WHEN I FIRST LANDED IN PARIS. YE BROUGHT ME TO APC HEADQUARTERS TO MEET JEAN SEEING THIS COLLAB COME OUT AFTER MANY DESIGNERS TELLIN YE HE COULDNT DO **** IS SO FRESH​

i suppose it's easy to make a statement like that when you're a friend of the person criticised. otherwise his point is a little biased to me. frankly his previous attempts at designing have been sh.. but i shall reserve my opinion when this comes out. it could be nothing but looks based on existing things you can get already at less expensive places but merely emblazoned with kanye's name on it.

like you said trevisto,while they are pretty high-quality,APC is very expensive a company whose line i would deem investments more than anything....i don't think very many intelligent people are going to be inclined to purchase something merely because of a name on it.

I'm curious to know as to why this collaboration happened...

i think he would be better marketing some trendy looking t shirts rather than denim. i think there is more money in it.

i don't own any APC items (although i did lust after a jacket they made that had 'the heart is a lonely hunter" emblazoned on it)

I really fail to see Kanye's hype in the fashion industry.

I'm actually surprised this didn't happen sooner. Not sure why people are so shocked, seems like a natural pairing. While Kanye may not be a good designer he does have pretty good taste. I'm sure this collab will look ok and will sell more than ok.

Not sure why people are so shocked, seems like a natural pairing.

I couldn't disagree more, Kanye is all about being fashion-forward and trendy, and A.P.C. is all about timelessness to the point of almost being square.

Jeans, t-shirts, hoodies -- say what? A.P.C. just sold out.

I couldn't disagree more, Kanye is all about being fashion-forward and trendy, and A.P.C. is all about timelessness to the point of almost being square.

Jeans, t-shirts, hoodies -- say what? A.P.C. just sold out.

APC has been selling jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies long before Kanye starting dabbling in fashion. APC as a brand, through Jean Touitou's interests, has always had a close affinity with music. This is just another expression of that. No big deal here.

APC has been selling jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies long before Kanye starting dabbling in fashion.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, my point was that any doofus can "design" (if you can even call it that) jeans t-shirts and hoodies.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, my point was that any doofus can "design" (if you can even call it that) jeans t-shirts and hoodies.

That's why he's only doing jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies. Heaven forbid!

I really fail to see Kanye's hype in the fashion industry.

I wouldn't call it hype. Maybe intrigue at best. Kanye's ego is epic and I think people love to see him fail in territories other than rap music, where he clearly excels. So when he ventures into unknown territories all eyes will be on him, but I think they're waiting to watch him fail, not succeed. And so far, he hasn't disappointed them :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->