Katy Perry engaged to Russell Brand *Update* Divorcing

I thought it would last longer. I've read just two or three weeks ago in a Katy intervew that they are very happy together and love each other.

they seemed like such an odd match. she's a goody two shoes trying to look "bad" and he's "reformed" naughty.

the dailymail is suggesting that it was katy that was partying too much (rather than russell) eg. he wouldnt go to the after parties she attended.

wasnt there a weird story from their wedding in the noth of india how katy gave a 1 hour speech to all the guests about how they were so suited to each other?

The weirdest marriage ever. I don't get their appeal at all, always thought Katy Perry is utterly talentless, but it is sad when people break up. Simple as it is. Hope there won't be any dirty stories behind it. Katy seems like a nice person, just not very talented but with a knack for show-business.

That's sad. I mean, nevermind if they're famous (now even worse, because everyone is talking about it) or if we talk about normal people. It's always sad when marriage is over.
They seemed happy.

New reports claim that Katy Perry wanted her husband to file for divorce so that she didn't have to be the one to end their marriage - and disappoint her evangelical Christan parents.

dailymotion.com

Uh oh.... she didn't sign a prenup...

Hopefully they are on good terms and everything gets settled pretty quietly.

he doesn't seem like the type to go after her cash. plus he isn't exactly poor, his net worth is estimated between $15-$20 mil, whilst hers is around $50 mil. a bit of a difference, but not like one is worth hundreds of millions and one worth nothing.

i hope it all is settled quietly. it wouldn't be good for his well-being (having 'reformed') going through a nasty divorce.

I don't get it. He's got sex appeal and is hilarious and extremely intelligent (read his interviews) and she's just a fun , entertaining popstar , she isn't writing 'deep' songs but she's a bubble of joy and she's so genuine and sweet to her fans , plus I love her face think shes gorgeeeee :smile:

No one ever knows what causes these celebrity divorces. It could have been a publicity contract for all we know. But there's definitely more to it than just "irreconcilable differences".

i dont think russell brand would marry just for publicity.

my theory is that they both agreed exactly when to file for divorce ie. a few days before a big holiday (New years) in order for the story to die over the holidays

It's sad to see any marriage fall apart :(. I'm not really surprised though in this case.

I kinda feel like they were the bubblegum version of Angelina and Billy-Bob for their generation, so mismatched but it seemed to work and people were rooting for them.

I'm sure they both made mistakes and contributed to the end of the marriage. too bad

So disappointed in these two...I really thought they would make the effort since she was finally going to have some time off this year. Shame.

New reports claim that Katy Perry wanted her husband to file for divorce so that she didn't have to be the one to end their marriage - and disappoint her evangelical Christan parents.

dailymotion.com

He must really love her if he did this for her. :(

I really thought they would have lasted longer especially since they both said in interviews recently that they were thinking about having a baby and Katy was going to take a year off. Maybe this is why she decided to release 'The One That Got Away' as her new single. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Us Weekly Jan. 30 2012 – Russell Brand’s Shocking Tell-All

Us Weekly‘s January 30 2012 issue features news that Russell Brand is planning to write a tell-all book.

According the mag, it’s Katy Perry’s worst nightmare – as Brand plans to reveal their darkest marriage secrets.

us-weekly-jan-30-2012-russell-brands-shocking-tell-all.jpg

celebritychatta.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nngocdiem
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->